X2 and Lightroom - missing profiles?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear All

now that the X2 is in operation, postprocessing is next.

Unfortunately, I fail to find the X2 profile in Lightroom. The M series S and R is there

but no X2 :(

I am sure I am missing something somewhere. But where?

We are talking about LR 5 for the Mac.

maybe someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Tred

• 4 months later...

hmmm, not many responses.

after editing a large batch of DNG in lightroom 5 it became very clear, that LR does not have a profile or base curve for the X2. This can be seen from the flat base curve which results in flat low contrast pictures. Only when the high contrast mode is used do the images become sort of acceptable but do need additional tweaking.

How do you other X2 developers handle this issue?

Tred

Tred, with my X1 I tend to forget about LR profiles and just get on and process them. If I return to a picture, sometimes I even zero everything to have a clean re-start. That is not often necessary; only if I have done some complicated processing and change my mind.

Hello Tred,

Leica x camera profiles are embedded in LR and no profile selection is needed. These LR profiles only make corrections for distortion and light fall off at the edges. I believe this holds true for all other manually selected camera/lens profile selection.

Enjoy,

Hanh

Hello Tred,

Leica x camera profiles are embedded in LR and no profile selection is needed. These LR profiles only make corrections for distortion and light fall off at the edges. I believe this holds true for all other manually selected camera/lens profile selection.

Enjoy,

Hanh

Yes Hanh you are right: the only profile that I could find is indeed for lens correction, which is not required for X2 lens.

But the base line is completely straight and, thus, to light and without sufficient contrast.

I find it odd that nobody else finds this lacking.

Maybe one should exchange a few DNG to test this.

Thanks anyhow

Tred

• 2 years later...