I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Incoming tide erasing a sandcastle.  Endlessly fascinating to watch!

Hasselblad 503CW

50mm Cfi distagon

RVP 50

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Another Anonymous New Yorker (for Gary :) )

M-A, 28mm Summaron, Portra 400

• Like 12

End of a roll of Fomapan 100 that I ran through the R8 with R29-70. I run hot and cold on the R8, it is big and heavy, an in your face sort of camera. But the results, well, they are wonderful.

Fomapan 100 was a bit of a trial, obtained from a nice dealer in Australia, and from the results (in R09), I will get more.

The tale of woe comes from me making new fix (I'd forgotten this, and found out part way through the 9 mins development time), and making it in a hurry. I poured this new fix into an old storage bottle, and found when I poured it tinto the tank that there was much scum (Adam's schmootz isn't even close) on the inside of the bottle. Too late.

Effect was lots of white "spots", irregular shaped, all over most/all the negs. I've cloned them out, I hate spots.

Gary

• Like 14

And next to helliabore, a seat in the garden, complete with broken wind-chime. I plan of fixing it, it has sentimental value, my dear wife made it.

Gary

• Like 11

Adam, we do not see her face (nice ?) :D Gust of wind on Manhattan ?In any case it is well  caught  :)

Best

Henry

Yes, strong morning winds, bouncing light from different directions and a poor woman who couldnt had a moment of blindness...

Nice, no Henry??

:)

• Like 1

End of a roll of Fomapan 100 that I ran through the R8 with R29-70. I run hot and cold on the R8, it is big and heavy, an in your face sort of camera. But the results, well, they are wonderful.

Fomapan 100 was a bit of a trial, obtained from a nice dealer in Australia, and from the results (in R09), I will get more.

The tale of woe comes from me making new fix (I'd forgotten this, and found out part way through the 9 mins development time), and making it in a hurry. I poured this new fix into an old storage bottle, and found when I poured it tinto the tank that there was much scum (Adam's schmootz isn't even close) on the inside of the bottle. Too late.

Effect was lots of white "spots", irregular shaped, all over most/all the negs. I've cloned them out, I hate spots.

Gary

Looks good, Gary. Grain is good, and the contrast is lovely.

• Like 2

Gary

Sympathies on the spots but the cloning was definitely worth it!  Gorgeous image and that's from someone who rarely finds flower pictures compelling (despite a deep and abiding interest in gardening and botany).  Nicely done!

Tower blocks being demolished in Glasgow - Leica M4 and 28mm Summicron ASPH mk1 + red filter, Ilford HP5 film.

Like this!  Nice high contrast documentary look in this one.  

• Like 1

Thanks, Adam,

Some thoughts behind the image here: http://www.uklandscapephotographer.com/sandcastle-vs-tide/

Thanks for the inspiration, Steve.

I will be at the beach in Tel Aviv tomorrow with my swc and (among others) velvia 50. I will keep my eyes peeled for disappearing sandcastles :)

• Like 3

Even though i'm not a panoramic/landscape person the other day I found an Hasselblad X-Pan for quite a bargain and I bought it...I always been quite curious. I shot only one roll and I realized it really need a center filter, vignette is quite strong.
This with the 45mm lens:

23upr9d.jpg

• Like 8