I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Exciting shot, Steve.  How does the cost of that B&W film compare to Tri-X?

Nice one, Charles.   :)

Eastman XX is 5.99 for a roll of 24 exposures (guys at the film photography project won't spool 36 for some reason). The CineStill crowd produces this once a year, for some reason they don't make it a regular product. Shot at its native 200 I find it has really good blacks but it is also not a high contrast film, lot more grays than Tri-X -- I like clean, lots of grays. Adox CHS II 100 iso is similar except that it makes orthochromatic so reds come out darker. Tri-X, according to B&H web site is $4.95 for a roll of 36.

Ready for our annual dawn water shoot?

• Like 2

Eastman XX is 5.99 for a roll of 24 exposures (guys at the film photography project won't spool 36 for some reason). The CineStill crowd produces this once a year, for some reason they don't make it a regular product. Shot at its native 200 I find it has really good blacks but it is also not a high contrast film, lot more grays than Tri-X -- I like clean, lots of grays. Adox CHS II 100 iso is similar except that it makes orthochromatic so reds come out darker. Tri-X, according to B&H web site is $4.95 for a roll of 36.

Interesting., thanks.

I was born ready for a dawn shoot.

And the señorita from the Challah asked me this morning where her photo was....

I blushed, clutched my bag full of challah, and then mumbled something about how you need to give it to her....  :o

• Like 1

I have already shown you some B+W shots of this shoot, here's a Kodak 200 (out of date) M4P 35mm color skopar

055-XL.jpg

Some Autumn colour same film as above M4P 28mm Ultron

061-XL.jpg

These are fantastic, Gary.  Although I like the first I do prefer the B&W of this lovely lady.  Both renditions are lovely, though.

• Like 1

I was told to underexpose and raise the exposure for each shot

Yes, that is how i intuited it as well. But then i got myself confused as to how much incremental underexp i need and blah blah and then i said f... it i am using tri-x

• Like 5

Xenia absolutely magnifique I like much this framing

If you make a book I'll take it !

and you're  right for fog in color ..... and in b&w too (see the post above)

Kodak Portra 160

Leica M7-35 Lux Asph

Our foggy country ....

attachicon.gifImage7courvkod16lfht++++1000.jpg

Regards

Henry

Stunning capture!!

• Like 1

Steve,

I agree with Adam. I dig the shot. I do believe hp5 or Tri-x may serve you better for the greater latitude they offer.

Frank

• Like 1