Yet another Bristol meet?

Gibbo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can understand that things may be somewhat 'up in the air' round yours at the moment

what with the new arrival and things but ...... you'll be pleased to learn that you're a month

early with your apology for absence as it isn't the 28th April just yet :);):D

Congrats on the baby and hope all are well :)

Will have to take a rain-cheque on the meeting as I will now be in France on that particular day. A pity as I was looking forward to meeting everyone - but in this instance, the potential delights of France beats those of Bristol...

What a shame we didn't have our Bristol Meet yesterday. Trisha and I went for a tour of the BBC studios in Clifton and after we had finished we walked back down into town. Both Clare Street and Corn Street were heaving, it was full of cars, bikes and scooters. I think it must have been around the same time as we met last year. The only difference was we had lots of sunshine yesterday.

So fingers crossed for next Sunday

Best wishes

Mike B :)

• Like 1

it was a very pleasant day spent in Bristol although the turnout was disappointing - just three of us this time.:( Perhaps we can tempt more to the next Bristol meeting since the city has so much history and there is so much to see and do.:)

Some shots from the day. All 50 f/1 Noctilux with M9-P.

Pete.

Woah!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Old soldier

• Like 1

... and three more from the day. Also 50 f/1 Noctilux with M9-P.

On The Buses

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hants & Dorset

Post it to Vernons

• Like 2

Hi Guys

Once again I didn't make although up until late Thursday evening I fully intended to be with you. However when you're told "Oh! Lynne and Marc are taking us out for dinner on Sunday and the table is booked for 13:30" its not wise to say no.

Never turn down a free lunch.

So my apologies but from Petes images it looks as though you had an interesting time?

Best wishes

Mike :)

• Like 2

Thanks to Pete and Dave B for turning up. Also thanks to Mike Bidwell and Robert Parker

for their apologies. Despite the low turn out it was still good to meet up and spend a few

hours on the harbour-side. Had no idea the bus display would be there but it certainly gave

us something of interest to look at and photograph.

There's always something of interest around in Bristol!

I was wondering if I'm missing a trick here so I thought I'd throw this open and ask people

what they would like from a meet in Bristol to encourage them to join in? I am aware that

one thing that has been mentioned is the balloon festival which I have resisted so far as, in

recent years, it has been cancelled as many times as it has taken place due to inclement

weather. And on a selfish note, it has clashed with my holidays :D

Perhaps organising the London meet to fall the day before didn't help? We did move the

Bristol meet to avoid Whitby.

If you have any input I'd love to hear from you as I'd like to try and arrange something that

people would like to come along to. After all, Pete and I could just ring each other up and

get together without involving the forum :D

And it might be an idea to let social secretaries know we have something arranged before

they go ahead and double book ;) Mine knows she'd soon be divorced otherwise :D

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post photos as I was without a Leica as my M2 is away having

a CLA at the moment?

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 3

Yeah!!! and after seeing the images of the Bristol Bus display I'm more than hacked off that I couldn't make.

However, the one consolation was that lunch at 'The George Hotel' in Broad Street Chipping Sodbury was really excellent. So for any locals I'd thoroughly reccomend it, not an overly large menu but superb quality.

Best wishes

Mike :)