Favourite medium format?......

Nick De Marco

I thought that may be the case.  You may gather I really like this camera! :)

Good luck with the SWC, good choice, it's a unique camera!

Indeed, it is a very neat camera.  I actually briefly owned the Bessa 667W, which i understand is the effectively the same, and even sang its praises in this thread this past winter.  It is very capable!

My usual ammunition for my Rolleicord Vb is Acros 100 for medium speed or Tri-X when I need something a little faster.  Yesterday I discovered a roll of FP4+ lurking in the freezer (as one does!) and as the sun was shining I loaded up and headed for the Ridgeway.  Ran off the film and developed it this morning in Rodinal 1:50 for 12mins, as per the MassiveDev app.  Scanned this afternoon and quite pleased with the detail and tonality of the results.

Lines In The Landscape:-

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

Ref post #245, six more shots from the same roll of 6x6cm FP4+ can be seen in this small gallery.  It proved to be a productive stroll :)

these are all very lovely, Keith.  The chunkiness in the clouds is a little distracting for me in a few of these.  Don't know whether it is the film emulsion, the scanning or the PP.  I would suspect that a darkroom analog print would eliminate this and that this is merely an artifact of the digitization?  Excellent work.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Mamiya 6 hard at work at 12,400 feet, shot with my M240 / 28 2.8 Elmarit Asph.

• Like 4

In the spirit of earlier photos (and secretly hoping the scope of this thread will be adjusted just a little bit to let it become the English equivalent of the 6x6 thread in the German forum), here's a photo from Stockholm.

19679469360_16f322e6bc_b.jpg

Flickr

203FE 80/2.8 Provia 400X

• Like 8

• 11 months later...

6x6cm? Old hat!  What one needs is 6x9cm - now we're talking ;)  The 'Big Beast' aka the Texas Leica.  My Rolleicord Vb is featherweight in comparison.  

Some examples from earlier this year when trying out my new acquisition.  

• Like 4

6x6cm? Old hat!  What one needs is 6x9cm - now we're talking ;)  The 'Big Beast' aka the Texas Leica.

Keith, do you happen to know the actual horizontal dimension of your 6x9? I'm thinking of getting one.

In trade, I share that my Brooks Veriwide is 55x80mm, and the Plaubel Veriwide 100 is 55x90 (the real deal).

Pico, have just measured a negative and the exposed area is 82.5mm x 56mm.

Thank you! That is a very common 'nominal' interpretation of 6x9. I can accept the reality that is is not real 6x9. That is certainly not a deal-breaker. I am off to find one! Again, many thanks, Keith!

Edited by pico

Squares don't come much more pocketable than an old folder.

My Agfa Isolette iii with 75mm Solinar, has become one of my all-time favourite film cameras:

• Like 4

For me also the C.V. Bessa III 667. 6x6cm AND 6x7cm (effectivly 56mmx69mm) great lens and a relative small and very light in weight (1000 gram) 120/220 roll film camera. An ideal traveling camera.

17351223111_ff2a6f346f_c.jpg

Bessa III 667 with Acros 100 in Rollei Supergrain 1+15.

16147007831_7721f565c8_c.jpg

Bessa III 667 with Efke 25/ Rollei Pan 25 in FX-1.

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

Update to my previous post #163 (and to revive this thread):

My back has been having serious conversations with me about the weight of my Hassy setup - I've had days laid up in bed after a long day's shoot carrying 40/100/150 and one body/prism. So I dumped the lot and got THIS when it suddenly appeared at the local store in prime condition:

1954 Agfa Super-Isolette - the cream of the Agfa crop, with auto-loading (similar to Rolleiflex Automat in function, but not mechanics), f/3.5 Tessar-type unit-focusing Agfa Solinar lens, coupled range/viewfinder. 28.8 ounces/818 grams (that's less than an M10 and 35mm Summicron ASPH!). Fits in my Leica bag when folded. (Studio Photo: Leica M10/75 Summarit f/2.4)

"Ah, what a relief it is!"

Picture from my first self-assignment with it - Portraits of Dirt-Track Car Racers. The slightly-wide 75mm seems to be on a par with the Rolleiflex Tessars/Xenars - not the absolute sharpest, but clear and "brilliant" thanks to having only 6 air/glass surfaces. And the negs are just the right size so that I can still scan an authentic black border.

Kodak TMax 400 @ f/11 - 1/250, hazy afternoon sun.

BTW - the Super-Isolette is the camera the Soviets copied to produce the Iskra - one of which I had 10 years ago and was not bad, but leaked light like a sieve.

• Like 6

That looks to be in fantastic condition, Andy. Congratulations. Out of curiosity, how old is that camera?

br

Philip

Update to my previous post #163 (and to revive this thread):

My back has been having serious conversations with me about the weight of my Hassy setup - I've had days laid up in bed after a long day's shoot carrying 40/100/150 and one body/prism. So I dumped the lot and got THIS when it suddenly appeared at the local store in prime condition:

attachicon.gifag1.jpg

1954 Agfa Super-Isolette - the cream of the Agfa crop, with auto-loading (similar to Rolleiflex Automat in function, but not mechanics), f/3.5 Tessar-type unit-focusing Agfa Solinar lens, coupled range/viewfinder. 28.8 ounces/818 grams (that's less than an M10 and 35mm Summicron ASPH!). Fits in my Leica bag when folded. (Studio Photo: Leica M10/75 Summarit f/2.4)

"Ah, what a relief it is!"

Picture from my first self-assignment with it - Portraits of Dirt-Track Car Racers. The slightly-wide 75mm seems to be on a par with the Rolleiflex Tessars/Xenars - not the absolute sharpest, but clear and "brilliant" thanks to having only 6 air/glass surfaces. And the negs are just the right size so that I can still scan an authentic black border.

Kodak TMax 400 @ f/11 - 1/250, hazy afternoon sun.

attachicon.gifag2.jpg

BTW - the Super-Isolette is the camera the Soviets copied to produce the Iskra - one of which I had 10 years ago and was not bad, but leaked light like a sieve.