2012 - My Top Twelve

janrzm

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As the year draws to a close, I felt it would be a worthwhile exercise to reflect on 12 of my photographs from the last calendar year, images that I feel were significant to me for one reason or another and to elaborate on the reasons behind their selection.

Full post here - 2012 – My Top Twelve.

and a couple of sample images....

7089765965_684a9c4ab3_c.jpg

7194023018_32e983ed7d_c.jpg

All the best, Jason.

• Like 16

I just spent a considerable amount of time looking through the images on your blog. I don't often bookmark photo websites or blogs, but I did bookmark yours and plan to look at it often.

One thing I'm curious about with respect to your b&w work. Are you using filters to achieve the effect in camera or are you doing it in post? I'm referring mainly to the dark skies and incredible contrast control your photographs exhibit. I've used dark red filters in b&w film photography, but have no idea if the same effect is achieved in digital capture.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Lovely shots, Jason, and good to read some of the thought process behind the images as well. Like the blog too - will be sure to keep an eye on it in the future!

Thanks Simon, I'm pleased you enjoyed the images and the personal significance of each of them.

All the best, Jason.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just spent a considerable amount of time looking through the images on your blog. I don't often bookmark photo websites or blogs, but I did bookmark yours and plan to look at it often.

One thing I'm curious about with respect to your b&w work. Are you using filters to achieve the effect in camera or are you doing it in post? I'm referring mainly to the dark skies and incredible contrast control your photographs exhibit. I've used dark red filters in b&w film photography, but have no idea if the same effect is achieved in digital capture.

Thanks Brent, there is nothing quite like knowing your work is appreciated. I hope to see you back on my site in the New Year.

With regards to my B&W images both on the M9 and MM my processing is actually very simple, at least I think it is.....:)

Everything you have seen on my site is achieved in Aperture 3 and LR4 with one solitary adjustment in SFX Pro 2 on occasion. On occasion I am also using Perfect Photo Suite 7 which for the money I would also recommend. 1-2 mins per image average.

I had filters arrive just before Christmas so I plan to experiment with those in the New Year.

All the best and thanks again. Jason.

Thanks Brent, there is nothing quite like knowing your work is appreciated. I hope to see you back on my site in the New Year.

With regards to my B&W images both on the M9 and MM my processing is actually very simple, at least I think it is.....:)

Everything you have seen on my site is achieved in Aperture 3 and LR4 with one solitary adjustment in SFX Pro 2 on occasion. On occasion I am also using Perfect Photo Suite 7 which for the money I would also recommend. 1-2 mins per image average.

I had filters arrive just before Christmas so I plan to experiment with those in the New Year.

All the best and thanks again. Jason.

Thank you, Jason. Yours is some of the best b&w work I've seen here. Something for all of us to aspire to--even old dogs like me who have been at it for 35 years. I'm pretty excited for my MM to arrive so I can put it to the test.

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 1

Thank you, Jason. Yours is some of the best b&w work I've seen here. Something for all of us to aspire to--even old dogs like me who have been at it for 35 years. I'm pretty excited for my MM to arrive so I can put it to the test.

Cheers, you are going to love the MM, happy days! :)

All the best, Jason.

Beautiful series you show here. And especially pictures taken with 15mm. Voigtlander inspires me a lot. think I should have invested in something wideangel.

Thanks, I rate that CV 15/4.5 very highly, especially for the cost. You can read more about it here - http://aperturepriority.co.nz/2012/05/07/15mm-voigtlander-super-wide-heliar-f4-5-asph-mk-1-3/

Cheers, Jason.