Flange to Flange distance of a Visoflex body?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Luigi,

Just a further thought, if we tell Amadeo that the flange to flange must never exceed 41mm, if they came out say .02 or .03 mm under and if you were being a perfectionist, you could always insert a shim between the male bayonet and the adapter body to get a perfect 41mm.

Wilson

Question: What is the precision of a typical or excellent machine shop?

K-H,

According to CRR in Luton, who I spoke to yesterday, the dimensional consistency of M mounts supplied by Leica is not great. In particular it seems the plating thickness varies from mount to mount, especially from different batches. Now I think Amadeo mainly uses stainless steel and hard aluminium alloy, so that would not be an issue for the parts he machines but if we decide to buy in the female mounts, an allowance would have to made for inaccuracy. As I explained above, a short adapter is liveable with but a long one is not.

Wilson

• Like 1

If you are interested -

Last week, I made a statement to a dozen original adapter combinations that bridge 'exactly' this Visoflex distance of 41mm with original parts. Specifically for the 'Leica M', but not only. ...

([thread=258011]German Forum, short details/list name and images. [/thread])

Maybe it helps someone.;)

Greeting Thorsten
Edited by Dao De Leitz
_
  • Like 1

If you are interested -

Last week, I made a statement to a dozen original adapter combinations that bridge 'exactly' this Visoflex distance of 41mm with original parts. Specifically for the 'Leica M', but not only. ...

([thread=258011]German Forum, short details/list name and images. [/thread])

Maybe it helps someone.;)

Greeting Thorsten

Thorsten,

Many thanks for those kind and helpful suggestions. The issue we have is that a lot of these adapters and extensions rings are getting very difficult to find and/or expensive. Therefore if we can get someone to remanufacture the single 41mm M to M adapter 543195 at a reasonable cost, that is an easier solution. If we fail in this and, given that I now have three people interested in making them, I hope we will not fail, then we may have to come back to multiple adapters. Obviously the easiest is a 14167 or 14127 + R to M, either Leitax, Leica or Fotodiox and various other far eastern makers.

Wilson

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilson,

thank's for your information and I wish you every success in your efforts.

Don't forget the tripod mount, which is always useful for the small lens heads. ;)

(Similar to Elmarit-M 2.8/135, Summicron-M 2/90 or OUBIO/#16466.)

Greeting Thorsten

Edited by Dao De Leitz

Thanks to this discussion,I finally got around to making a visoflex to Pentax adaptor.

The aim was to adapt my macro lens collection onto a new Pentax K-01. I ended up using a Pentax t-Mount machined to fit over a 10mm M extension tube. Unlike a Leitax conversion of a 14167 M-R adaptor there was no disassembly required. Focus is slightly past infinity but I have a choice of OUAGO, 16464 or M bellows for fine focus or longer extension. :)

Edited by pierovitch

Hope this gives the views you want.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Before seeing this thread I contacted SRB-Griturn Ltd to ask if they could supply a adapter that would act as a Visoflex spacer as I had previous dealings with them when they supplied me with Leica M and Pentax K adapters for my obsolete BPM Universal Bellows. Although they do not have any such adapters the technical adviser, Ian Broomhead, understood what I was wanting, offered to make one and quoted a price of £120 including VAT. I have placed an order and expect to receive the device in about 6 weeks time.

• Like 1

I will certainly report back with pictures when I get the device.

If you wish to contact SRB-Griturn their website with all details of their services and contact information is found at Camera accessories | Camera supplies | SRB Griturn | Photography

I contacted them by email and received a prompt response. They seem very helpful and my past experience with the firm was good though on that occasion they supplied the adapters I required from stock and did not have to make them to order.

• Like 1

I have had an update from Amadeo Muscelli today. He hopes to have something to show me in a few days. So it looks as if we may be going from no options to two within a couple of days. Can only be good news.

Wilson

Good news indeed. If this catches on I can see the price of Visoflex lenses going up!

I might even get a reasonable price for my series 2 280/f4.8 Telyt :)

No longer needed now I have a series 3.

Wilson

• 2 months later...
I will certainly report back with pictures when I get the device.

If you wish to contact SRB-Griturn their website with all details of their services and contact information is found at Camera accessories | Camera supplies | SRB Griturn | Photography

I contacted them by email and received a prompt response. They seem very helpful and my past experience with the firm was good though on that occasion they supplied the adapters I required from stock and did not have to make them to order.

This is quite an old thread but there have been developments and I did promise to report back when I received the adapter which will enable the use of Visoflex lenses on the new M240 when it becomes available.

My adapter arrived today. It looks nicely made and it fits securely with a click when mounted on my Leica M9. The lens mount is equally secure without any trace of wobble.

I have tried using it with my Ricoh GXR with M mount unit and it works well. Focus to infinity is fine. I checked the flange to flange distance and it was 40.8mm which is ideal being just under the official 41mm. Here are some pictures including one mounted on the M9 with the OTZFO focusing mount and an Elmarit 90mm head purely for illustration, not for use.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Thanks K-H. It shows the 50 and 75mm frame lines.

Archie,

I think that means that you will not (unless Leica change their mind), be able to access the R lens menu. I have changed the design of the one that Amadeo Muscelli is making for some of us, to 28/90 frame lines and with coding pits to put in the 110111 code. I hope at some point, that Leica might add at least some of the commoner Viso lenses to this menu e.g. The 65 Elmar and 280 Telyt. At the moment you would just select the nearest R lens.

Wilson