Welcome

jaapv

Hello Leica Forum,

Let me introduce myself.

I am Italian and joined the forum some time ago.

I used a lot the Forum resources to know more about the Leica world.

Thank you all for your postings.

Forum is really a great resource!

About me:

Three year ago, coming back from a Paris trip, I sold out my digital C SLR and lenses and I immediately decided to adopt the rangefinder and revert to film. So I bought my first Leica (M6).

I was so comfortable in this world that I decided one year ago to buy also a digital M9.

Leica Ms and rangefinder are perfect companions for my idea of photography and my personal research in Street Photography. About lenses I mainly use a vintage Cron 35 and I will arrive in the next future to the Lux 35.

Hope to contribute in the future to the Forum.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend,

Stefano

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I found this site while looking for information on repairing my newest acquisition, a gorgeous M4 with a few quirks and a 50/2 Summicron-M .

I am not new to RF's just to Leica's. I own several Canon and Voightlander RF's as well as a Nikon S2, S3 and a black SP with a wide selection of lenses for them, tho not as wide as I'd like.

I am also not new to doing camera repairs and so when I bought the M4 knowing the problems it had I felt confident in being able to handle them. The erratic slow speed I can handle but I am wondering if anyone can tell me why the preview lever is not operating as it should. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I have a roll of film in the camera at this time to test it further before I start tearing into it but I would like some info before that happens. Thanks in advance.

Edited by guitstik
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, My user name is Red. I've been using rangefinder cameras now for about 10+years . Most are Minolta, Bessa R, Canons, and Yashica's. My favorites being the Bessa and the Canon P along with the Canon III, and Canon II C . I have a chance to purchase a Leica III A with two lenses. Sn's point to a manufacture year of 1937. A camera with a past! The owner son said his dad, a long retired guide, used it in Africa on hunts and such during the 50's&60's My hope is that it still works but the 5cm/2 is like new the 13.5 looks a bit beat-up but go figure. Four days to wait and it will be mine!:D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all..... I'm italian and I come from Rome.

I'm new to the forum and new to the Leica world, having recently purchased first an M6 (with Elmar 28, Summicron 50 and Summarit 90) this summer, and just some days ago an M9.... :)

Happy to join this forum.......

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm George, from the USA but living in Argentina. Given some oddities with the exchange rates here, I decided it was time to buy a camera of my dreams and got myself an M8 and an older 35mm summicron. the government here decided to reduce the exchange rate oddity a bit and announced it was going to do it in a few days, so I jumped in and added a 90mm elmarit. I picked all of this up when I went to visit my mom in the US. After a wonderful month carrying the M8 with me everywhere, beginning to learn how to take advantage of it, the shutter jammed up on me. Off to Leica USA for repairs. Been suffering withdrawals rather badly and to prevent future such pain, added an M4-2 which I won't have until january when I am back for another visit to the states. I suppose that I am like many beginning Leica people, first leicas from the second hand market. At least it makes dreams possible.

been following the forum for a while and am generally quite happy with the discussions and thrilled at the photos being shown. Some great work and a very supportive community.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am from belgium and started with a fuji x100 to see if I could live with a Leica...

and switched very fast to the M9.

I have the intention to switch completely to rangefinder and put all my canonstuff on ebay shortly :-)

Greetings to all from Belgium

StephaneH

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!

I'm Lefteris, 29, from Athens, Greece.

I'm an architect and musician. Photography as an art came to me relatively late, but when it came, it stroked me hard. As a self-learner I sucked in (and I continue to do so) any information over the internet and my new passion never seems to go off.

Eventually, my photographic trip brought me to Leica. I have recently purchased an overhauled M3 and yesterday I got my first lens, a 50mm Summicron. :D

I hope that here I will be able to communicate and share thoughts, ideas and photos with others that have the same passion as me.

Nice to meet you all,

Lefteris. :)

• Like 1

Hi Leica Forum,

I am new to the Leica world and have read much already. This forum may help smooth the emersion. I look forward towards contributing back, having gained from this membership.

Happy shooting,

Carroll Glass

• Like 1

Hello,

my name is Biagio.

I am Italian but I live in Albacete (Spain) since last July.

I am 42 years old, I work as System Administrator and I have the hobby of Photography.

My preferred genre is Street Photography.

I own a Leica M6 with a 35mm summicron and a 50mm summilux Asph.

I just started to develop by myself the Black and White film.

I met this forum browsing internet so Here I am.

Biagio

• Like 2

Hello I am Manolo from Spain.

I knew about the forum because I follow the thread M8 and Old lenses.

Another Spanish member (Maccaco)talked about it in other forum and now here I am.

Sorry about my poor English.

I live in Castellon ,near Valencia.I own a M8 and enjoy it a lot.

I wanna learn more about Leica ,photo and English.

greetings.

Manolo Sanz

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

my name is Nicole, I'm from Germany and last week I finally got my dream Leica M9-P!

Nikon gear did become too bulky/heavy for me since I love ultra wide and panoramic shots (which meant carrying a tripod with novoflex vr II system). Now I've "downsized" quite a bit with a new panoramic system (PT4Pano, very nice!) and of course the shiny new Leica M9-P :-)

First, I'm going to experiment with the Voigtländer 12mm VII and an old 35mm Summicron VII.

Anybody there experienced in panoramic photography, using the M9 + Voigtländer 12mm with PTGui? Should I better save more money so that I can afford the 18mm Super Elmar? Would appreciate any help/hint!

Nice to be here,

Nicole

• Like 1

Welcome, Nicole. I think you will find a few more panorama buffs on this forum. :)

The CV 12 is a pretty good lens, but from your question I deduce you have been infected with the dreaded GAS* virus. The main symptoms of this illness are overflowing camera shelves and disastrous credit card statements.

*Gear Acquisition Syndrome

• 2 weeks later...

hello from Toronto, Canada.

My name's Jeff and I'm a graphic designer with a passion for photography. I've been shooting with Nikon DSLRs for about 4 years now

but only recently found the joy of shooting with smaller cameras like the OM-D, RX1 and, of course, the M9 in that order.

The latter always drew me from way back but I couldn't justify the cost for its simplistic functions. But now after having

learned how to shoot with numerous cameras, with far more buttons than necessary I finally have the appreciation for the more

streamlined camera the Leica. I enjoy this beautiful piece of equipment/art tremendously; specially shooting it with

the new 50 Summilux, the 35 Summicron f2 and a 90 Elmarit f2.8.

Thank you for this very helpful forum. It helps new Leica shooters like me 're-learn' to shoot. Thank you also to fellow Leica

owners for posting inspiring and captivating images on this forum; images of the like which drew me to Leica in the first place.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Been lurking and made a few posts.

Names andy mcdonald from Manchester century moved to Devon.

Having had a photography business now no London trading I thought I'd scratch an itch and purchased my first Leica M8.

My current camera are

Mamiya 6x7 range of kit

Olympus 35 RD mint condition

Canon 5dmk2. Sold all my primes bar 50mm 1.2

Finally Leica m8 elmarit 28 f2.8

Looking forward to learning.... Armed with 2 batteries and an enquiring eye.

Cheers

Andy

• Like 1