Stolen Summarit

guyhein

If you're sure it's not a scam by the seller, how was it sent to you (i.e. was it sent by an insured/signed for service?).

Royal Mail told me they had to allow 3 months to try and trace a lost parcel sent within Europe.

The parcel has been sent by registered mail. The seller has got a tracking number from Royal Mail, and after he got my money, he seems no more to care about anymore.

He says that Royal Mail has lost the parcel, not he. Strange method to deal with a customer, isn't it?

Regards

Guy

+one million

...make that 1,000,001.

Yup, Guy, I am 100% with mobeyone and Jaybob on this one if you paid via PayPal. Non-receipt is not your problem - contact PayPal and request your money back. Let the seller sort out his troubles with Royal Mail.

Thank you guys for your help!

Unfortunately, Paypal in the general conditions to be refunded for an item not delivered has a point 4.1 deciding that a refund is excluded for items lost during shipping.:mad:

Regards

Guy

What was your method of postage? And how has it been confirmed? By the carrier?

What was your method of postage? And how has it been confirmed? By the carrier?

The seller has sent a registered parcel with Royal Mail. He gave me the tracking number. Royal Mail has confirmed having sent the parcel to Luxembourg on July 20. Unless declared in their general terms, Royal Mail's partner in Luxembourg to deliver registered mail is not P&T Luxembourg, but an unknown carrier. The seller should contact Royal Mail to get details on the lost parcel, but as soon as he has been paid, he ignores my emails.

The seller has sent a registered parcel with Royal Mail. He gave me the tracking number. Royal Mail has confirmed having sent the parcel to Luxembourg on July 20. Unless declared in their general terms, Royal Mail's partner in Luxembourg to deliver registered mail is not P&T Luxembourg, but an unknown carrier. The seller should contact Royal Mail to get details on the lost parcel, but as soon as he has been paid, he ignores my emails.

Just to clear something up, have you actually logged a dispute with eBay?

The seller has an obligation to file a claim on your behalf iirc. The royal mail will compensate if a secure method of postage us used but you must file a claim within so many days.

If you have not yet filed a claim, forget the t&cs and under your purchase history click on having a problem next to your item and log a claim.

I was in a similar situation when parcel farce lost an item, had a tracking number but eBay ruled in favour of the buyer and I had to claim from parcel farce.

• Like 1

My experience with Royal Mail is that they are hopeless.

It is a nightmare trying to identify their partner couriers in other countries when a parcel is late or not delivered. To be fair the vendor did try to help from his side.

In the end my parcel was delivered - weeks late. No help form Royal Mail trying to sort it out.

• Like 1

I send all my ebay items by post but insured for the full value. Did the seller not do this ?

I don't know, because he doesn't answer my emails. He sent the parcel with signed for mail.

The problem is especially the Royal Mail who tells us on its homepage that its courier for Luxembourg is P&T Luxembourg. Trusting this homepage, I gave my packup station address which is ok for P&T Luxembourg, but not for other couriers.. Impossible for the buyer to get the name of the courier.

Regards

Guy

Hello friends,

Just to tell you that, after fighting with Ebay and Paypal, I've got a refund for the lost Summarit.

Regards

Guy

Guy, that is a good outcome. Now find a lens from a reputable Leica dealer and be confident that he will serve you well. A Summarit is a very good lens.

• Like 1