a 35mm lens?

jlindstrom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tend to agree with printmaker..

Eventhough lenses don't have to match in their rendering, it just makes life easier. You can then just grab the lens with suitable fov and not have to think how that particular lens acts. Say how contrasty it is, especially if subject is already very contrasty.

In the end it's about picking the tools you want to work with. And for a hobbyist like me decision might not always be rational.. more like buying a new car, it's atleast partially emotional decision process with enough info to backup my choice and avoid lemons ;-)

--Juha

• Like 1

I have never tried the Summarit but a few pictures I have seen look very nice in terms of bokeh, but perhaps a little flat ?

I am a 50mm guy, so I just didn't feel like investing too much in a 35mm lens for occasional use. Initially I was somewhat prejudiced but to be honest, I am absolutely thrilled by this little lens. If you don't need the extra stops, it is hard to beat the summarit in terms of sharpness(wide open btw.), bokeh and even the sort of a classical rendering. If you ask about subject isolation when you mention flat, I haven't felt any shortfalls there. Of course you can't compare it to a 75 Summilux (which I have) and I couldn't judge it against a 35 Summilux, which I don't have....:rolleyes:

I find myself using it far more often than I had expected!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Please keep to the rules and do not try to buy and sell your gear here. That's what the "Buy and Sell" section is for.

Perhaps I'm a bit daft in the morning lacking couple of cups of coffee.. but I fail to see who is buying/selling anything in this thread? Certainly not me, as the OP of this thread.. In my eyes it looks like everybody is participating in my quest/search for a more suitable 35, on the bases of discussing options.

So could you elaborate on your comment a bit further?

--Juha