Lenses in stock

sm23221

A general observation: there seems to have been a lull in demand judging by how long good used Leica lenses seem to loiter on some dealers' sites. Perhaps we are seeing demand passing just beyond its frenzied peak.

Or upgrading lenses. Quite a few modern 50mm Summicrons have been placed on the market and that is a time-proven very fine 'standard' lens.

Wonder how many people will really see a difference between the "old" and the "new" one. That old one is really no slouch. I planned on selling mine once i got the 50 summilux asph. but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Sure part of if emotional attachment I have had it forever but it smallest lightest 50 i own and it except when i need the extra stop it continues to find home on my M9P.

I think the supply issues are about in check. They doubled production and I think it is suppose to double again.

I think the initial wave of M film users switching to digital is over and it will settle down now picking up a modest but respectable amount of new users.. thanks to bloggers and Stevie Ray Huff types.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is good. There was a part of me that got furious whenever I saw a "As new in the box" lens selling in a classified ad for hundreds or even thousands more than list price. I hope the scalpers who were buying on speculation got stuck or, better yet, lost big time.

The Leica lens speculation bubble has finally burst. It's time to cash in your hoarded stock of stashed lenses.

Help protect yourself against further loss of your investment by contacting me immediately. I will guarantee instant cash payments as high as up to 3/4 of the original value for any 'as-new' unused specimens of Summilux, Noctilux, and certain models of Summicron.

Act now before it's too late.

:cool:

• Like 1