75 lux AARRRGGGH!

ldhrads

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just received my 75 lux back from Leica NJ. Took extra long because they had to wait for the bayonet from Germany and then only a certain tech could work on it. I was told that it would be calibrated for digital etc....

Now, I enjoy talking to Sarah at Leica. She's always helpful and this is not in any way her fault.

When I opened the box there was my lens, shrink wrapped, with a certificate of inspection. Mounted on the M9 it focuses nicely, and appears to be about as good as it's going to get for this lens opened up.

But wait, Why is it pulling up the 28/90 framelines! And it's not reading the 6 bit code because the framelines and the code don't match!!!!!!!!!

2 months waiting and back to Leica it goes, this time with the body just to be sure. Sarah says she's sending me a UPS label.

Man, I'm disappointed. I've been wanting to work with this lens for sooooo long.....

Why the body?:confused:It is obvious they pulled out the wrong mounting ring.

Just received my 75 lux back from Leica NJ. Took extra long because they had to wait for the bayonet from Germany and then only a certain tech could work on it. I was told that it would be calibrated for digital etc....

Now, I enjoy talking to Sarah at Leica. She's always helpful and this is not in any way her fault.

When I opened the box there was my lens, shrink wrapped, with a certificate of inspection. Mounted on the M9 it focuses nicely, and appears to be about as good as it's going to get for this lens opened up.

But wait, Why is it pulling up the 28/90 framelines! And it's not reading the 6 bit code because the framelines and the code don't match!!!!!!!!!

2 months waiting and back to Leica it goes, this time with the body just to be sure. Sarah says she's sending me a UPS label.

Man, I'm disappointed. I've been wanting to work with this lens for sooooo long.....

• Like 2

Why the body?:confused:It is obvious they pulled out the wrong mounting ring.

I'm not sure Jaap, but if they want the body to really calibrate it to "my" M9 then so be it.

Another week without at least!

• 2 weeks later...

So, after talking to Sarah (who is delightful), at Leica NJ, I shot the 75 summilux and my M9 body back to the shop. Called on Friday and was told that it would be on the bench on the 31st of the month. I reminded Sarah what had happened and why it was back, after a few moments she came back and asked me to call on Monday. On Monday I was told that it was on the bench and would be done yesterday. Yesterday I got a call from Sarah saying that the new flange was put on the lens but it didn't pass inspection ( WHAT!?) and would be another week. I asked what failed and she didn't know. Somehow, this didn't make sense, but I'll wait it out.....Again.....AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Sorry to hear of your bad-luck. I sent my 75/1.4 to NJ mid-June. Prior to sending it for 6 bit coding and M9 calibration Sarah (she is a pleasure to deal with) indicated 2-3 weeks but once there the time was extended to 6 weeks. I didn't really question the extension but when checking progress the camera/lens was finished and returned. The time was closer to 4 1/2 weeks. The internal workings at NJ are somewhat a mystery, times promised go both ways, sooner and later, indications about service techs being busy seem inconsistent, parts inconsistent, but I am always happy to receive my items back and normally done very well, packed extremely well and those pretty certificates personally signed and dated. Hope it all works well for you when returned.

• Like 1