Thein Review of 50mm APO Summicron

Agent M10

Advertisement (gone after registration)

[...]Take a look at the one of the clipper. [...].

I did look at the largest version of that image. Your shutter speed was about 1/40th of a second which would definitely contribute to a lack of sharpness. In my world it is sharp enough for a monitor. No problem.

Now a point that might provoke some argument - about using hair as a sharpness metric. The human eye/brain 'sees' hair as sharp even when it is not acutely sharp. To prove this make a photo with a sharp hair. Then photoshop it to shorten the hair to only twice its width. (Reducing length to just width will likely make it invisible). See? It is not sharp.

• Like 1

Another factor against it is that both 50 and 35 luxes together cost not too much more than the 50 Apo alone. I intend to own a 35 lux sooner or later anyway.

Well, I wouldn't need much convincing to walk away with two of the most flexible, adaptable lenses ever made, instead of one with a two percent (if that) advantage.

For you, as a film only user, there's a lot of other issues that will eradicate any gap between these lenses.

I have 50 and 35mm Asph lenses and will be happy for you to play with them. Meet for a coffee, walk and a chat ? If Vasken is there, we can have 4 different 50s and 3 different 35s on hand. :)

Edited by Rolo