Need Screen Protector for M9P ?

Flyfisherman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This M8.2 has been my daily shooter for about two years.

6861344118_e47ed3a9d8_z.jpg

filter coffee | M8.2 + 5cm Summitar | M9 + 3.5cm Elmar by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

It has the same screen, as the M9.2.

There is no need, to glue stuff on your new camera, just use it - it's a nice piece of equipment.

• Like 2

What I forgot to write in above picture post:

The shown M8.2's display has not the faintest sign of a scratch or mark on the display, while the paint is worn and scratched from normal use.

The Leica Saphire screens are really tough - one really doesn't need to worry, except people of course, who will not remove the protective wrappers over their brand new car's seats, …

More interesting even, the new powder coating paint on the black digital Leica M bodies is extremely tough as well and will stand the first year of heavy use easily - it will show wear only, if you constantly bang the camera (which I don't do) or treat it roughly.

From normal usage, it will wear very, very slowly.

The paint fillings on these new cameras though are another game, wearing out after the first months of daily use, contrary to the much better built M8.2, which still has all lettering, as new - figure that.

i doubt that any screen protector manufacturer would claim that their product gives protection against impact.

Breaking a screen this way is pretty rare anyway, I cannot recall a report in this forum before. I would not worry about it happening again if I were you.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wanting to show a friend with a plastic-screened M8 how well worth the money the sapphire upgrade was, I demonstrated by scratching at it vigorously with my house key.

Reminds me of the time I wanted to demonstrate how my new design for an audio amplifier was short-circuit proof. Wound up the volume, shorted the loudspeaker cables together. I was expecting the current limiting to kick in, instead a bang from inside the amplifier and acrid smoke from the vents. One red faced me and back to the drawing board...

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have a Leica M9-P it has a sapphire glass LCD monitor which although supposedly scratchproof may not be impact proof so I have invested in a Giottos SP8250 which uses glass from Schott Germany, more expensive than similar LCD screen protectors but you pay for what you get.  I also have this on my Leica X1.  Rajeeve New Zealand

• 2 weeks later...