The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

CV 15mm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rramesh

rramesh

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,242 posts
  • City / Ort:Singapore

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:53

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
I see a number of threads on the 12mm but not much on the 15mm. Is this a good lens for the M9. I read somewhere about red edges but has this not been corrected with the latest firmware?

Also would the LTM to M mount be OK (I understand the the newer M mount is rangefinder coupled whereas the older LTM mount is not and have vague distance markers).

I read the review by Ken Rockwell and he seems to give this a glowing review with a caveat (not suitable for M9). Sean Reid seems to have given a more objective view.

Edited by rramesh, 23 February 2012 - 05:11.

Pixels dancing to the rhythm of the moment.
Ramchand Ramesh
http://ramchandramesh.com

#2 StephenPatterson

StephenPatterson

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 2,488 posts
  • City / Ort:Wuhan, China

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:15

The CV 15 Heliar is a nice little lens, but definitely exhibits pronounced red edge on the M9 and requires Cornerfix post processing in most cases. Leica does not tailor their firmware to correct issues with 3rd party lenses, and there is a marked difference in the out of camera results with this lens vs the WATE at 16mm, which, in my experience, has no red edge issues.
Stephen

www.500px.com/Seafurydriver

#3 Gerard

Gerard

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City / Ort:England

Posted 23 February 2012 - 15:35

Cracking lens for the money.

Corner 'issues' simply aren't when processing in Capture One 6 Pro.

Here are a couple of my first shots with it. Really happy with the results.
  • bpalme likes this

#4 stickan1

stickan1

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 907 posts
  • City / Ort:Gävle, Sweden

Posted 23 February 2012 - 18:18

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and for the price it is an excellent lens. But you must use Cornerfix or similar and there is also some distortion that you should correct for if you do landscape. But the distortion is small, it took a while before I noticed it, it is very easy to correct. I have coded mine as WATE (16). Recommended.
  • Gerard and bpalme said thank you to this

#5 Gerard

Gerard

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 1,248 posts
  • City / Ort:England

Posted 23 February 2012 - 18:58

On the M9 it works well using the 21mm non asph option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic