75 Summilux

Paul J

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Depends whether you can see, use and reinforce lens characteristics to suit specific subjects. If you can't then its entirely irrelevant .....

Photography is totally irrelevant altogether, in this case. I'm more into trendiness and coolness thing.

I was all over the 28 summilux but then the 28 summaron came and I jammed. I froze.

Which one to buy? What does Leica want? Does she want us to shoot super clinical images or super unclinical ones?

What does She want from us?

Why torture us like this?

P.S.: "She" is Leica. Our mistress.

• Like 2

Perfect question for the end of the year :)

Have another great one and very many good ones afterwards, Nenad!

And thanks for your unique and outstanding photography here and on instagram.

Cheers,

Simon

Thank you very mich, sir.

I wish you and your family all the best!

Photography is totally irrelevant altogether, in this case. I'm more into trendiness and coolness thing.

I was all over the 28 summilux but then the 28 summaron came and I jammed. I froze.

Which one to buy? What does Leica want? Does she want us to shoot super clinical images or super unclinical ones?

What does She want from us?

Why torture us like this?

P.S.: "She" is Leica. Our mistress.

Well I like your analogy, but I think the mistress is "photography". Here I am, walking down the street, or eating my dinner, mid conversation with someone, generally minding my own business and the pictures pop into my head. "Take this!" She screams. It's the way she moves, they way she makes me think, what she brings out in me, it's compelling, haunting it's an obsession. I do what she says, at the cost of mostly everything.

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

They are very nice images on SL 601.

I hope You can post more images from this len, eps. with SL 601!

Have a nice day!

Thanks!

There are few M 75 and equivalent R80 here https://www.flickr.com/photos/17002757@N08/albums/72157659090291550

I could do some more with SL601 but I would have to buy one first :-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

75mm Summilux pictures looking particularly nice in Jono's M10 picture collection. It has a curiously low level of CA. One begins to wonder...

My copy had a full service and coding from Leica - its now much better than the 80mm Summilux that I used to own ......

My copy had a full service and coding from Leica - its now much better than the 80mm Summilux that I used to own ......

I did the same a couple of years ago, sent it to Leica NJ, took a month or so and it came back coded and amazing.  Happy I did it.

75mm Summilux pictures looking particularly nice in Jono's M10 picture collection. It has a curiously low level of CA. One begins to wonder...

That 75mm is mine (I loaned it to him). It's the last version, German made, and I bought it used in 2009 and it's never been serviced (don't even remember if it's coded or not)... It is an impossibly beautiful lens.

• Like 2

That 75mm is mine (I loaned it to him). It's the last version, German made, and I bought it used in 2009 and it's never been serviced (don't even remember if it's coded or not)... It is an impossibly beautiful lens.

Thanks for the info. I have a very good copy as well that I would never part with. I fit in to the category of having one that wasn't great but came back from Leica a new lens that blew me away. You are right, it's impossibly beautiful.

It was Jono's shot of the knife block that piqued my curiosity as I thought it had less CA than what mine exhibits on my M9. But looking in to my archive at shots which have similar lighting it's probably about the same when viewed at a similar size, only really coming apparent when viewed at 100%.

• Like 1

Summilux 75 on M10

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Wagner's The Flying Dutchman. On the Monochrome 1

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Its a surprisingly good all-round lens. M9 and into the sun (ISO 160, 1/1000s at about f/11). Tack sharp and for a fast lens with a UVa on it, its not flaring much at all.

• Like 5

And a wide open shot on the SL.

Edited by pgk
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, jplomley said:

Wonder how this lens would hold up on the M10-R/M10M sensor?

What do you mean with ‘hold up’? There is no such thing as old lenses being ‘outperformed’ by sensors, if that’s what you mean. You can read some discussions about this idea on this forum. The only thing that can occur is that old lenses get a new glory when changing from film to high resolution sensors. 

• Like 4