I love my Leica R!

dave.gt

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And the rest of the R bodies, especially the R8 and R9 with DMR! And the lenses are terrific. :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

me too

I do like the R line - starting with the pre-R Leicaflex SL I bought in college in 1968. It's big & heavy, but has a mechanical precision that is lovely. DAG recently replaced the cds cell, and now it works like new. Very nice balance with the 135 f2.8.

I also like the R4; but it's a pain to use in manual mode: having to read the shutter speed needed off a vertical scale and match to the set speed shown at the bottom. In dim light you can't read the numbers, and in bright light can't see the LED. Match needle or M6-style LED is so much better for manual. But I like the size and feel, and so use it in auto (spot) mode - which then messes up my habits when I move back to a manual camera. I guess I need an R6.

• Like 2

Dave , congratulations for this acquisition :)

Very good camera ! good combo with Summicon 50mm and nice pictures !

Henry

Thank you Henry! As you know, I finished a recent documentary on small U.S. towns a few months ago and the R4 was used in tandem with the M3. And, yes, the 50 Cron did a superb job.

I am now looking to get an R8, and the 80 Lux.

If I ever get a job, then, the 150-280 vario zoom will round out what I need for a very versatile SLR kit.:)

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's my R7

I am keep going back to it - it's a lovely camera.

• Like 5

I enjoy all my Leicas be they M or R. They are all film. When I make a shot, if it stinks, it stinks. I have no desire to sit at a damn computer with Photo Shop or any of the digital programs to trying to rectify my carelessness. I have Leicas 105-280 f 4.2. It also makes use of the extenders, and built in tripod support.

• 1 year later...
I absolutely love my R kit but don't use it enough! This weekend I make the commitment to get my R7 out.. ;)

Very good! On my end, I'm finding I'm only using my camera once or twice a year, only during special events.

On a recent trip, I shot 18 rolls of Silvermax film. I'm now doing the editing part of it.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/film-forum/277363-i-just-received-20-rolls-adox.html

Very good! On my end, I'm finding I'm only using my camera once or twice a year, only during special events.

On a recent trip, I shot 18 rolls of Silvermax film. I'm now doing the editing part of it.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/film-forum/277363-i-just-received-20-rolls-adox.html

Hi

Thanks for the link to your thread. It was a good read.

I did manage to get a roll through my R7. I used ISO200 Kodak print film. Rather than obsess about quality I just went for it, the intention was to record anything random around the city {Norwich} as I walked around with my friends record shopping. I have my roll sitting, ready to post to AG Photolab for a process and scan service. Now for the anrticipation until I get my film back :D

Cheers, Julian