film ruined by airport security

sksaito

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Alan, it is much easier to use the 35mm Grandagon on the Horseman body even with the crash bars and graduated filter, and I sympathize with the recessed lens boards for Linhof because I have similar issues with the Planar 135mm. If it were not recessed I could not close the clamshell. You did a nice job.

I have two odd pieces I've not yet had to attach to a lens. It allows one to see and set the f-stop from behind the camera. I'm sure you have seen them. They aren't too suitable to field work. When using a ground glass I always made a final focus adjustment after stopping down - if I can see it!

Thanks for the sharing. Nobody I know around here shoots LF.

Oh, here's a 4x5 I built around a 47mm F/5.6 lens on a focusing mount. no movements.

http://www.digoliardi.net/super-wide-4x5-1.jpg

Nice wooden camera. My first one with a 47 was a Graflex XL body that had a 47 f8 in a focusing mount. And my Cambo wide was very easy to use too but I wanted to use one camera for all of my lenses.

Maybe the two of us need a Leica 4x5 sub forum. I used to own a Leica Aristophot - that was a 4x5 camera. But despite being marked "Leica" I think it was all made by Linhof. At least the back part of it was pure Linhof and said so on it. I used to use a 4x5 almost every day but I shot my last images with one around 7 years ago.

As for stalks, I had ordered 90 Caltar II and a 115 Grandagon mounted into Prontor Professional self cocking shutters with the add on shutter and aperture controls. Besides being handy when working from a ladder they made it much easier to shoot multiple pops with my strobes. It is also nice to be able to open the shutter to the taking aperture or wide open by pressing one of the two cable releases without having to touch the aperture control or risk moving the camera when reaching for the shutter opening device.

I guess you see that I was quite a view camera fanatic. Consider that Leslie Stroebel was one of my instructors and I worked in a camera store while in college and knew the Linhof rep. (Of course I couldn't afford that kind of gear back then and had to settle with using my Nikon, Leica, Hasselblad and the school's Plaubels and Sinars.)

I still have some mostly old lenses left that need to go on Ebay but the 90 Caltar II is the only quite modern one left. Despite owning this state of the art 90, I often used the lowly 90 Angulon on 6x9 because it was small and adequate in sharpness and covering power to shoot home exteriors on 6x9. Here's the link:

http://alangoldstein.photoshelter.com/gallery/Linhof-Tecknikardan-45S-and-lenses/G0000KdwUsp1YFZw

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by AlanG

That's very unfortunate.

All I can add is my experience - frequent traveling and for the last 6 years or so, always in checked in luggage.

Film - colour and highest iso 800.

No issues.

Falstaff

Good for you!

Not sure why mine were shot. I had several flights at the time: from the US to Germany, then to Southern France, then back to Germany, etc. Maybe it was just the cumulative effect of it all or a country-specific issue.

Cheers, Chris

Maybe the two of us need a Leica 4x5 sub forum. I used to own a Leica Aristophot - that was a 4x5 camera. But despite being marked "Leica" I think it was all made by Linhof.

A popular saying, "If Leica made large format it would be a Linhof Super Technika". (But the bottom leatherette wouldn't fall off.)

As for stalks, I had ordered 90 Caltar II and a 115 Grandagon mounted into Prontor Professional self cocking shutters with the add on shutter and aperture controls.

That's the device! I have only the F-Stop part. Wish I had invented it.

[... snip excellence ...]

Linhof Tecknikardan 45S and lenses - Images | Alan Goldstein