Most Shutter Actuations on an M9

photolandscape

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If the M9 symbol is on the dock, just doubleclic on the symbol. Then an empty " card " show itself on the desktop.

Drag a DNG from you M9 files into the " card " it will everything you want to know.

Does the software also work for M8 DNG files?

Thanks Erik

With the M8, you do not need a program as you can read the number from the camera by;

Turn the camera on.

Press the right arrow key 4 times.

Press the left arrow key 3 times.

Press the right arrow key 1 more time.

Press the info button.

Scroll down to body debug data.

Press Set.

Scroll down to NUMEXPOSURES.

Turn camera off to exit

John

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I had a dead pixel on the display (that I did not notice) why Leica changed the display.

They also changed the sensor at one point as there was a small crack in it (not noticeable). I guess someone who produced the sensors pay for changing them if they crack. I had the crack for half a year before I had time to leave the camera at Leica for some days so they had time to change it.

• Like 1

I had a dead pixel on the display (that I did not notice) why Leica changed the display.

They also changed the sensor at one point as there was a small crack in it (not noticeable). I guess someone who produced the sensors pay for changing them if they crack. I had the crack for half a year before I had time to leave the camera at Leica for some days so they had time to change it.

Thank you, Thorsten. So no dead pixels on the sensor itself?

With the M8, you do not need a program as you can read the number from the camera by;

Turn the camera on.

Press the right arrow key 4 times.

Press the left arrow key 3 times.

Press the right arrow key 1 more time.

Press the info button.

Scroll down to body debug data.

Press Set.

Scroll down to NUMEXPOSURES.

Turn camera off to exit

Well, you can credit the guy who posted just above you in this thread, jdlaing, for showing us that little trick a year ago.

Jeff

• Like 1

As far as I know, You don't need any special program to determin the actuations on a M8 or M9, as long as you can get the unique image number from the EXIF.

I'm not sure about a PC, but on a Mac if you open an image in Preview, and then using it's Inspector, choose EXIF and copy the unique number. It's in hexadecimal and will be lot of zeros followed by numbers and letters. Open Safari and Google for a hexadecimal converter. Copy this number into it and it will conver it into a decimal, which is the number of actuations.

Hope that's helpful.

Edited by Bobitybob
  • Like 2

As far as I know' date=' You don't need any special program to determin the actuations on a M8 or M9, as long as you can get the unique image number from the EXIF.

I'm not sure about a PC, but on a Mac if you open an image in Preview, and then using it's Inspector, choose EXIF and copy the unique number. It's in hexadecimal and will be lot of zeros followed by numbers and letters. Open Safari and Google for a hexadecimal converter. Copy this number into it and it will conver it into a decimal, which is the number of actuations.

Hope that's helpful.[/quote']

That is how I have managed until now

Thx Erik

• 3 years later...

For what it's worth I spoke with someone well-situated in the Leica world who is currently at around 330,000 actuations on his M9...

As I'm way down the pole at a mere 57k I'm feeling quite relaxed about the situation.

Pip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 1