Most Shutter Actuations on an M9

photolandscape

I just logged in with a question about actuation's and saw this post- I might take a little detour and ask if anyone can tell me how many shots my M9 has managed over the last 18 months? I am pretty certain it isn't any record... I just can find the data in LR?? here is an image- can an expert please tell me:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I just logged in with a question about actuation's and saw this post- I might take a little detour and ask if anyone can tell me how many shots my M9 has managed over the last 18 months? I am pretty certain it isn't any record... I just can find the data in LR?? here is an image- can an expert please tell me:

Your image unique ID is 2235 which is the hexadecimal number. This converts to 8757 in decimal.

The easy way is to get a handy little program called M9Info and open your most recent DNG file with it. It gives all sorts of useful EXIF information including a shutter count. It saves you from grappling with Hexadecimals!

M9Info E

If you are buying a second hand M9 you would have to take along a SDHC card and take an image and inspect it on your computer - quite a good idea anyway when buying a used camera.

Edited by ayewing
Re read post and added information.
  • Like 1

The easy way is to get a handy little program called M9Info and open your most recent DNG file with it. It gives all sorts of useful EXIF information including a shutter count. It saves you from grappling with Hexadecimals!

M9Info E

If you are buying a second hand M9 you would have to take along a SDHC card and take an image and inspect it on your computer - quite a good idea anyway when buying a used camera.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

M9Info E

Got a question I downloaded this to my Imac but do not know how to get this to open? It comes up on the screen but every time I put my sd card into the computer it opens in iphoto.

Dumb as- me needs some help. Please

Jan

If you right-click (option-click) on the icon of the SD card you get the menu with file-opening options. You can change the standard opening from iPhoto there. I never use iPhoto, but I am sure it is also possible to change the import settings in preferences.

Copy the contents of your file somewhere of your choice and drag the DNG file onto the icon of the program you want to open it with. Or right-(option-) click on the DNG and choose your program.

Edited by jaapv

Please remember that if you install a new firmware, the counter starts from zero again !!

No, the file numbers may start from zero again, the count of shutter actuations continues. It is the Unique Image ID number in the EXIF file of the last image you took that gives you the shutter count, not the actual file number of the photograph which could be user designated.:)

Steve

If you are using a Mac, this works:

Download the program and click to open it on your desktop. It's a small screen. Keep it open on desktop.

Take a photo with your M9, remove the SD card and insert card into your Mac. (My card appears as a white data drive on desktop labelled "M9.") Click on M9 drive, which opens it. Click on the DNG file of the photo you just took, hold and drag that file over on top of M9info screen. Immediately the M9info screen grabs the photo file and reads out its data, including the number actuations. At that point you can use the drop down menu to print it if you want.

Trying to move the DNG file through another program, especially a photo processor, seems either to make it more complicated or to preclude M9info from accepting it.

Now I need some advice: How can I create an icon for M9info so that I can keep it in my dock (or at the least, store it as an application)?

When I first loaded in the m9 program a m9 icon appeared in the bottom bar dock, right click on the m9 icon then click options there it will give you options like keep in dock.

Well I played with the camera formatted the card named it etc. Now it does tell me the number of pictures but this is only because of formatting the card it not total number of shutter actuation on the camera.

Still can not get into m9 info version 0.61 program could this have anything to do with not doing film ware upgrades?

When I put the card in imac I get the sd icon in the top right hand corner under it, it says (no name) right clicking on that I get folder action setups not sure what to do when I right click on it, choose a script ect.

I will play with this some more when I have time. There should be a easier way for us computer challenged

old timers, lol

Any more help would be appreciated.

Now I need some advice: How can I create an icon for M9info so that I can keep it in my dock (or at the least, store it as an application)?

When it is open, right-click the dock icon, and under Options choose "keep in dock"

Please remember that if you install a new firmware, the counter starts from zero again !!

Ockie did you mean file number or the actual shutter actuations?

Neither has been reset here. I have installed every firmware version.