London Christmas or New Year meet?

farnz

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Glenn,

Welcome to the forum and you would be most welcome at our meet up!

I haven't rented an M9 but I recommend trying the following places who *might* be able to rent one to you. (I would normally also suggest Red Dot Cameras but they're shut through to the new year.)

&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CPqT_PjPpK0CFZMhtAodWC3Vug"]Calumet (who rent a wide range of professional photographic equipment)

Leica Mayfair

Richard Caplan

R.G.Lewis

Hope to meet you on Friday,

Pete.

Ok, I shall definitely be coming, but I do have another engagement so I'll be there early(-ish) but I'll have to leave about 1 to head to the Chandos to meet my old school mates. I'll look forward to seeing you all there :)

Regards,

Bill

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for putting this together - it got me out on the lovely Southbank when I wouldn't have ordinarily been there. Having already seen the Landscape Photographer of the Year, I wandered downstairs to the bookshop, bought a book on HCB to fit the theme of the day.

There is another exhibit of interested at the base of the OXO Tower, Living with Mines... I plan on catching it later.

Nice meeting some new faces and happy to see some familiar ones. A fine group of people (and cameras too!).

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who managed to make it along (eleven in all I think) and helped to make it a very pleasant day; it's a pity that the weather didn't hold up though. I particularly enjoyed the invisible* Christmas market with all of its colourful stalls and throngs of people.:o

To newcomers Rob, Don, and Anthony a special thanks for coming along and I hope you enjoyed it enough to want to come along in the future. To those who were unable to join us I hope to catch up with you at the next one we have.

Pete.

*Regrettably the Christmas market had up and gone before the day of the meeting. <sigh>

Christmas markets tend to decamp the week before Christmas so that all the stall holders can get home.

Yes, that's a fair point, Andy. I was mentally aligning it with the Winter Wonderland that's (still) set up in Hyde Park because from last year's memory the stalls etc seemed to be very similar in type, variety and look. My mistake.:o

Pete.

• Like 1

As ever, a very enjoyable day out meeting friends old and new, despite the weather not fully cooperating on this occasion.

I also add my thanks to Pete for organising the event. For me, these occasions are more about the people attending than anything else, so the invisible Christmas Market was a bonus! ;)

Happy New Year to all.

Regards

Mike

• Like 1