London Christmas or New Year meet?

farnz

• 4 weeks later...

Just to keep people 'warmed up' and in the picture, the meeting will be centred around a winter market that is rich with photo opportunities, odds and ends and mulled wine etc (if that takes your fancy in cold weather) on the South Bank near Waterloo station.

We'll meet at 11.00 at a venue to be named* with the intention of coffee/light lunch/catching up/whatever, then strolling through the winter market and surrounding areas while there's still light in the early afternoon, and then finding a place to catch breath/refresh/graze/nibble/chat some more etc.

* I had planned to check out a place this weekend but regrettably family matters intervened so I'll post the details later this week.

Pete.

• Like 2

Pete, the cafe in the Royal Festival Hall would work.

I may be able to make this, no guarantee though.

An excellent suggestion, Steve, it's large, well spread out, easy to find, convenient to Waterloo and next to the winter market. I hope you can make it.

So the meeting point is the Royal Festival Hall (click for weblink) cafeteria at 11.00 on Friday 30th December.

For those who haven't been to a London LUF meet-up, you'll be made welcome, we don't bite (unless you ask us to nicely:rolleyes:) and it's entirely informal. It's not the type of meeting where a chairman drones through an endless agenda about meaningless drivel to a somnolent, captive membership; and it's definitely not a who's got the shiniest equipment competition so the humblest cameras are as welcome as the jaw-droppers. It's a light-hearted rendezvous of people with a common interest and contrary to erroneous criticism levelled by a one-time attendee we don't sit round and bore each other to the land of Nod talking about equipment. Yes, equipment is often discussed alongside every other topic - we all have a common interest in photography and Leica camera equipment so that's hardly surprising but anything and everything is talked about from time to time. And then we wander about and take some photos when we feel like it.

If you haven't been before then just keep an eye out for one or more Leica cameras and you've found us.:D

See you all there!

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Would like to be able to attend this meeting but not sure at the moment ...... have to visit relations north of the Watford Gap sometime over the holiday period. Will certainly try our best to be there but if we don't make it hope everyone has a good time and that the light is perfect for you. Assuming someone will take a snap or two.

Cheers, Tom

• Like 1

Which cafe in the RFH ?

There are several see RFH website.

A good point, Gabriel, thanks for pointing that out before all ended up in different ones.:D

The one I had in mind is the Riverside Terrace Cafe on Level 2 at the front overlooking the Thames. There are collections of long leather couches at either end so I'll try to bag a herd of those. Otherwise we'll occupy some of the tables and chairs.

Pete.

I am hoping that I will be able to get to this event.

For those who arrive early, the Landscape Photographer of the Year exhibition is currently showing nearby at the National Theatre. I saw it the other day and it is well worth a look.

Take a View: Landscape Photographer of the Year 2011 - Exhibitions - National Theatre

Regards

Mike

• Like 1

Will you have your MD-grip with you for me to have a look at :)?

Falstaff

Yes, It's sort of a semi permanent fixture on the M9 baseplate :D. From an early batch that was rather a tight fit. We can swap basplates for a while (or I'll bring a spare M8 one) if you'd like to try it for the day.

Bob.

Hi, I am a new member, and long time lurker from the States. I am currently in the UK for the next 2 months and am looking for a place to rent an M9. If any of you have suggestions that would be very helpful. I am currently up in Bedford with a friend and am going to try and make this meetup if at all possible.

Warm Regards and Happy Holidays,

Glenn