London meet

viramati

I can recommend Guildford - river, pubs, historic high street, churches, coaching inn, statuary, castle & grounds, lots of street musicians (no licencing) market (on Saturday), London Camera Exchange, good rail links - and lots of people! :)

Regards,

Bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It would take as long to get to Guildford (from Euston) as it does from my station to Euston.

I think that, if you are going to have a meeting in London, it should be IN London. Otherwise, call it "Guildford meet" ;)

You are all welcome to come to Liverpool, or Chester, anytime you like, but I suspect that the culture shock would be just a bit too much :)

There appears to be a lot of interest for a London meet, and so far the consensus is leaning towards November 26th.

As David (viramati) started this thread, ( and I don't want to tread on anyone's toes ) perhaps he could suggest a nice pub that serves food and has ample seating.

Although the venues suggested by James, Bill and Andy are all to be commended, there are a few members who attend these meets who live outside of London and the extra journey could be a little off-putting.

The last time a London meet was arranged, Ivor (Red Dot) was a little disappointed he could not attend due to the date conflicting with his Saturday shop opening.

I've checked his dates for November and the 26th appears ok.

Anyway, I'm sure a meet in central London would suit most, and if anybody along with David could suggest a suitable venue then maybe we could get this meet finally under way.

There appears to be a lot of interest for a London meet, and so far the consensus is leaning towards November 26th.

If the meeting is in central London, I would consider coming - I have been to London meetings before and since the Manchester ones have died a death, it would be good to meet up with people again. But not if it's out in the sticks.

Your call, guys. Please do whatever you think best and I will come if I can. If that's OK.

Edited by andybarton

Just spotted this one.:o

Unfortunately it's impossible to accommodate everyone so apologies if it's not suitable for you but having read through the thread Sunday 27th November seems to be the most convenient date. So I propose that we meet at the Norfolk Arms at 12 o'clock midday.

We've been to the Norfolk Arms before and it has several advantages:

1. It's in central London and many of us will already know where it is,

2. It's about 10 minutes walk from Euston and Kings Cross stations,

3. It's a 'known' venue and there were plenty of complimentary comments the last time we visited (the Museum of London meeting),

4. It offers a traditional Sunday roast in addition to the weekday tapas style menu,

5. It's in an older, interesting but lesser known area of London (and with luck it won't rain this time:rolleyes:) with plenty of nearby photo opportunities, eg the Brunswick Centre, St Pancras station, The former Midland Hotel, Russell Square, The British Museum to name a few.

The Norfolk Arms doesn't open until 12 on a Sunday and I'd expect it to be getting dark by about 3.30 or 4 so if people also wish to meet earlier for a coffee and a 'stroll and snap' before meeting at the Norfolk Arms I will be in the food court on Euston station (beside Ritazza coffee) at 10 intending to stroll by 10.30 and you are most welcome to join me.

There may be quite a few of us descending upon the Norfolk Arms so would those who are intending to come along very kindly indicate this by pressing the "Thanks" button this post so I can get a rough idea of numbers and let the Norfolk Arms know please?

For my own interest, would those who are intending to meet at Euston at 10 very kindly post a comment as such in this thread please?

My aplogies to Viramati and others for taking over but with the greatest respect the meeting appeared to be languishing and would benefit from some gentle organisation.:o

So ... any takers?:)

Pete.

NB, please press the Thanks button if you're planning to go to come to Norfolk Arms.

• Like 9