The Leica Forum uses cookies. Read the privacy statement for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    OK, understood.

Photo
- - - - -

Munich, Germany?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WmAl

WmAl

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 2,829 posts
  • City / Ort:NYC, USA

Posted 12 October 2011 - 17:59

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
I'll be visiting Munich this October 19th for a few days.
Any tips on must see photo locations? Would like to meet
other leica photographers! :)
William
http://gallery.lfi-online.de/gallery/index.php?cat=11060

#2 Zerstreuungskreis

Zerstreuungskreis

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 18:02

I'll be visiting Munich this October 19th for a few days.
Any tips on must see photo locations? Would like to meet
other leica photographers! :)

I am not a citizen of munich but during my visits there i enjoyed most the " Englische Garten" and the " Residenz".
  • WmAl likes this
What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eye...
What's that footstep following, never passing by?

#3 wizard

wizard

Erfahrener Benutzer

• Members
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 18:32

Nymphenburg castle within the city limits is certainly worth a visit (if time allows, you may also want to visit the excellent porcelaine production there). If you are interested in cars, there is the BMW museum as part of the BMW-Welt (BMW-World), the buildings of which are also interesting from an architectural point of view. Then there is the still outstanding Olympic Stadium (from the 1972 Olympics). Are churches of interest? There are plenty of them, too.

The Viktualien Market in the very center of Munich might be another place for some good foto opportunities, they sell everything from fruits, cheese, wine, fish, flowers etc. there, and there is a beer garden right next to it (if it is still warm enough, people will enjoy Munich's typical 1 liter beer jugs outside). The English Garden, as mentioned, is nice, too.

Andy
  • WmAl likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic