M9 shot makes Seattle Times Photos of the Day!

edmond_terakopian

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings All,

Quite pleased with this; from the tens of thousands of pictures from the world, one of mine makes 'Photos of the Day" in the Seattle Times:

The Seattle Times: Photos of the Day: Friday, Oct. 7, 2011

Shot on a Leica M9 and Noctilux ASPH. :-)

A short blog post on this: http://photothisandthat.co.uk/2011/10/08/seattle-times/

Cheers,

Edmond

Edited by edmond_terakopian
  • Like 1

Shot on a Leica M9 and Noctilux ASPH. :-)

Cheers,

Edmond

Definitely congratulations! I have a simple question. As I am contemplating a new 50, either lux 1.4 or the noctilux, how often do you use your noctilux versus others more normal focal length lenses? I would use the 50 mostly for street work, but also occasionally landscape.

Definitely congratulations! I have a simple question. As I am contemplating a new 50, either lux 1.4 or the noctilux, how often do you use your noctilux versus others more normal focal length lenses? I would use the 50 mostly for street work, but also occasionally landscape.

Many thanks :-)

I use the Noctilux ASPH as my standard lens; it's my most used lens and very rarely comes off the M9 (even though I have four other lenses). I have the collapsible 50mm Elmar-M which I occasionally use when I want to take the M9 with me in a little iPad shoulder bag. It's an amazing lens that I can't recommend highly enough. I have a full review on my blog which might be of interest.

Cheers,

Edmond

Many thanks folks :-)

It is really is one of the most annoying things to find some *deep breath* person has butchered a picture by bad cropping - alas it's a danger of working in the press. Very annoying but something one is powerless against. Too many complaints will swiftly result in no work!!

Indeed there are lots of Leica M9 pictures in print; more than one may assume. It's my main camera system now; has been since I got my first M9 in July 2010; Canons only being used for long lenses, tilt & shift or fisheye use. The M9 is a fabulous camera giving access to the best lenses :-) Certainly keeps me happy!!

Thanks again for all the kind words :-)

Edmond