This hurts - Fuji is taking more film from the market

bjdejong

Astia 135 has long gone from the European market.

All my stock in the freezer is now way out of date and doesn't give the same result as fresh film.

Pity, as it was my favourite colour film by a long way.

I'd better use up my last three rolls then :(

Gerry

Astia 135 has long gone from the European market.

All my stock in the freezer is now way out of date and doesn't give the same result as fresh film.

Pity, as it was my favourite colour film by a long way.

Andy, I was disturbed to read this, as I thought that film in a freezer kept "fresh" for a very long time indeed. How long beyond the expiry date do you think you can store film in a freezer before it goes off?

Andy, I was disturbed to read this, as I thought that film in a freezer kept "fresh" for a very long time indeed. How long beyond the expiry date do you think you can store film in a freezer before it goes off?

John

Most of the Astia was bought just out of date for about £1 a roll, about 6 or 7 years ago. The colours are starting to drift, despite it bring kept at -19C since then.

B&W film lasts much better, of course

John

Most of the Astia was bought just out of date for about £1 a roll, about 6 or 7 years ago. The colours are starting to drift, despite it bring kept at -19C since then.

B&W film lasts much better, of course

Andy

Many thanks for that. Maybe I'll be OK then - my stuff was bought fresh, well within expiry date, and frozen immediately. It's only just coming up to its expiry date, so hopefully it's got a few years yet before it goes off!

I dropped by our local camera store the other day to pick up some film and chemicals. The salesman told me that they will carry less Kodak products next year. Kodak sent them a letter telling them that they soon will make even less film and supplies. I asked him if they plan to stop carrying film altogether and he said no, that Basic Photography 101 in college still requires students to develop their own film so they will stock it.

Wayne