"Do you know this building?" Game Thread

kokoshawnuff

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Wally,

Recently, among other things, Pico has been witing in various Threads in Barnack's Bar.

Hopefully he will remember that we are still here.

Did you have a nice weekend? Where I am here the weather was nice, altho it rained for a while last nite. And for you?

Best Regards,

Michael

Edited by Michael Geschlecht

Hello Wally,

Recently, among other things, Pico has been witing in various Threads in Barnack's Bar.

Hopefully he will remember that we are still here.

Did you have a nice weekend? Where I am here the weather was nice, altho it rained for a while last nite. And for you?

Best Regards,

Michael 

Hi Michael, yes nice weekend indeed. I'm now back in Quito and enjoying the nice weather. Fun time of year, Halloween Today, Wednesday is the Dia de los Difuntos with Colada Morada a warm fruit drink and Guaguas de Pan, tasty bread babies. This is followed Thursday by Cuenca Independence Day. Both are bank holidays so everyone takes Friday and the weekend for a 5 day holiday and all flee the city and head to the coast beaches. regards.

• Like 1

To answer a few questions, I was one of the last American troops to be based in Toul Rosieres,  France until Charles de Gaulle kicked us out. I visited Verdun as often as I could and it changed my life. I also crawled through undocumented bunkers, and on my last trip talked to a women sheep herder who lived through WWII and she believed the Germans were still planning to invade.

It was like listening to Donald Trump today.  Insane, but I could not help but respect her and reserve my judgement.

Hello Pico,

What she said is not that uncommon historically at other time in other places.

From the fall of Napoleon I until the Franco Prussian War 55 years later the "spectre" of a French revival & of a resurrection of French Power & Revolution was an equivalent mind set in much of Europe.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hello Brian,

Could you please explain to me how a Country that makes 250 different cheeses which themselves come in an inumerable flurry of varieties can "still be at it" after all of these years?*

Best Regards,

Michael

* Biding time while waiting for Pico to bring us a photo.

There appears to be some confusion about the current state of this game.

I think the last and only attempt at answering the puzzle was this:

This is the WWI mausoleum/monument near Verdun in Northern France for the interment of thousands of French and German soldiers killed in that battle.

Whether this is correct or not, I think an answer and possibly some more hints would be useful, pico.

Hello Philipp,

While Pico is considering possibilities for hints: Do you think that you might be able to find something interesting for us to consider?

Best Regards,

Michael

Hello Michael

I don't think that any hints are needed. An answer has been given and I believe it is correct:

This is the WWI mausoleum/monument near Verdun in Northern France for the interment of thousands of French and German soldiers killed in that battle.

In order for the game to proceed, pico now should simply state whether the answer is correct or not.

Please, pico, go ahead.

The game appears to have stalled a bit. Seeing that you answered the riddle right away and correctly, please do proceed and post the next mystery building.

Thanks, to get us started again quickly, here's one that should be immediately recognizable.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello Wally,

Is that building a metaphor for a larger than usual can of bug spray?

And might it be located in the Upper Midwest of the USofA?

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael, Probably not when it was built, but now yes. Your location is spot on.