I love my M4

Paul,

What camera is this? I've never seen an M4 without a self-timer before.

I like it!

See post 322. Bodyshell was badly damaged and replaced with a 'good' one from an MD-2 - hence no self-timer nor frame selector. Innards look well used but still operate smoothly. Will shoot the film that's in it to check its up to scratch.

• Like 1

Got his camera with unaligned finder and a bulked rewind lever, after a visit to the technicians at the Portuguese Leica Importer, and a 200 euros CLA, it is like new. Love this camera, my first without a meter.

:)

attachicon.gif13697012_10208647622481602_1790715585203189372_n.jpg

Whilst using tape to cover things might not get you much criticism on this forum..using a Nikon strap probably will! :-)

Whilst using tape to cover things might not get you much criticism on this forum..using a Nikon strap probably will! :-)

You are right, i have been a Nikon F3P user in the last 10-12 years, this fabulous Leica just fall on my lap.

But yes i am on the hunt for a pretty but ergonomic Leica strap. :)

Soon. :)

You are right, i have been a Nikon F3P user in the last 10-12 years, this fabulous Leica just fall on my lap.

But yes i am on the hunt for a pretty but ergonomic Leica strap. :)

Soon. :)

Gratulerer med nytt kamera: og velkommen til Leica verdenen :)  Congratulations with new camera : and welcome to the Leica world

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Gratulerer med nytt kamera: og velkommen til Leica verdenen :)  Congratulations with new camera : and welcome to the Leica world

Tusen takk for det Ola Fiske, :) Vart å sjekk din hjemmeside, du har ei fantastisk arbeid! Gratulerer så mye. - Thank you very much Ola Fiske, :) I've been checking your work/portfolio! Congratulations. :) 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Sug, nice to see you over here too. That's a great camera. How do you find it works with the Leicavit? And do you know anything about your camera's history?

br

Philip

Adding this black beauty to the club. Now I will juggle between this, M4-P and M5.

31677125893_96648ff7ce_c.jpg

• Like 2

Hey likewise, Philip.

This is a 1969 BP M4 belonged to the gentleman (RFF member) who is a fan of Jim M. He posted the story about meeting Jim, drinking together at his place in SF and getting photography "lessons" from him. It's a really great story hope you'll have a chance to read it. Obviously this setup was inspired by Jim M's M4. He had the camera modified by Sherry K so it could take modern Leicavit. Jim M had his M4 modified by Sherry to take the original Leicavit MP so I guess it goes well with the theme.

I was originally thinking Leicavit wasn't for me and was going to sell it, but I think I will keep the pair together as they are literally a best matching couple. Also I'm left-eyed so the winder will come in handy when I'm shooting multiple shots per scene.

32371133541_849d8c41b0_c.jpg

• Like 5

Looks like a great kit, Sug. And thanks for describing the background. I'll look up the story on RFF. Very interesting indeed.

br
Philip

Hey likewise, Philip.

This is a 1969 BP M4 belonged to the gentleman (RFF member) who is a fan of Jim M. He posted the story about meeting Jim, drinking together at his place in SF and getting photography "lessons" from him. It's a really great story hope you'll have a chance to read it. Obviously this setup was inspired by Jim M's M4. He had the camera modified by Sherry K so it could take modern Leicavit. Jim M had his M4 modified by Sherry to take the original Leicavit MP so I guess it goes well with the theme.

I was originally thinking Leicavit wasn't for me and was going to sell it, but I think I will keep the pair together as they are literally a best matching couple. Also I'm left-eyed so the winder will come in handy when I'm shooting multiple shots per scene.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 13

Here's mine.

attachicon.gifBPM4.jpg

Love this photo.

One day I was in the airport lounge in San Francisco and this guy comes and sits down beside me with a large camera bag and starts pulling out M4's that looked just like your one pgk   :o

WOW.....knew who it was right away, JIM MARSHALL. 

Introduced myself to him and had a very nice chat with about photography, Leica's and his amazing M4's.

He was on his way to Vancouver to do a shoot of Sarah McLachlan, and we discussed Leica's and how his Brassed Black Beauties (BBB) were sent in every year to DAG for cleaning and servicing.

So I once held a Jim Marshall M4, a memory that will stay with me for life.

Note: I still carry around his business card that he gave me after writing down DAG's phone number......because I asked him  "WHO LOOKS AFTER YOUR BBB's"   :D 

Edited by 4X5B&W
  • Like 3

Hey likewise, Philip.

WOW coelacanth

That camera may be the BBB that I got to handle when talking with Jim Marshall in the San Francisco airport.......being able to purchase such a legendary camera just blows my mind   :rolleyes:

Congratulations.......a VERY DESIRABLE PIECE OF LEICA HISTORY !!

Edited by 4X5B&W
  • Like 2