Erwin Puts' newest Compendium nearing completion

ho_co

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Section in Erwin's blog:

The persons who have indicated their interest in the book will be asked to provide address details so the book can be sent to them. If you have not ordered yet, this is moment to do so. GIve your name and address and I will send you the book. Payment is through Paypal (paypal : erwinputs@xs4all.nl) or a regular bank transfer

I had not indicated an interest, so I ordered, giving my name and address. I set up the payment through PayPAl while I was at it.

I appreciate that the book will not be ready for a few weeks, but I had expected an acknowledgement of the order. Perhaps I expect too much?

I did send an expression of interest when first announced. I was happy to pre-pay although I think that Erwin did not expect to be paid until he confirmed order on release. I paid now by PayPal after price with postage announced. My payment was accepted and processed. I'm looking forward to the book release and am confident that Erwin will do as promised and the book will be worthy.

• Like 1

I did send an expression of interest when first announced. I was happy to pre-pay although I think that Erwin did not expect to be paid until he confirmed order on release. I paid now by PayPal after price with postage announced. My payment was accepted and processed. I'm looking forward to the book release and am confident that Erwin will do as promised and the book will be worthy.

I agree with and did the "bold" part, pun intended. :)

Best, K-H.

I am a little confused . He initially asked for an email expressing an interest to buy. The process was that he would send you the ordering instructions when the book was ready via email.

Is he now asking for a paypal payment based on his blog post?

Yes, me too interpreted his writing like this, and sent months ago my mail to express interest to buy: I supposed it was a way to plan the first printing run. Now, I'm uncertain if :

- Wait for the confirmation mail he wrote of

- Send the money now, and wait

- Wait for his blog to declare the book "ready to ship" and pay

... :confused:...

Yes, me too interpreted his writing like this, and sent months ago my mail to express interest to buy: I supposed it was a way to plan the first printing run. Now, I'm uncertain if :

- Wait for the confirmation mail he wrote of

- Send the money now, and wait

- Wait for his blog to declare the book "ready to ship" and pay

... :confused:...

Send the money now if you really want to be sure of getting your copy. I have a feeling that this book will soon become a collector's item, in both senses of the word...

Regards, Jim

Luigi, I'm with those who ordered thru PayPal from Erwin's link. In my case It was quick and direct. It asks for shipping address and finishes the process.

I'm sure he's getting dozens of emails every day and can't take the time to respond to all. The emails will continue to come in up to the publishing date, and probably afterward as well, so I'd say go ahead and place the order.

My guess is that only the order is firm; he may or may not be able to get back to you to ask for confirmation.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I guess what concerns me is that I have made an error. This is the message on the PayPal page:

Sent to: Erwinputs@xs4ll.nl (The recipient of this payment is Unregistered)

Can anyone see an error in this? Have I got Erwin's email wrong? He has never replied to an email I've sent to him. Or do I just stop panicking?

Cheers

John

I guess what concerns me is that I have made an error. This is the message on the PayPal page:

Can anyone see an error in this? Have I got Erwin's email wrong? He has never replied to an email I've sent to him. Or do I just stop panicking?

Cheers

John

The response came from the address - @xs4all.nl so I assume one "a" is missing.

Stefan

• Like 1

John I think you got the address wrong.

erwinputs@xs4all.nl

Note no capital at the start and the 'a' after the 4..

Cheers

John

• Like 1

I have asked if a copy can be reserved for me and indicated that I will pay if confirmation of reservation is received. The offer in his blog is confusing as to whether payment is actually required now . Because there must have been many orders prior to mine and the 1000 print run might already be sold out I do not wish to pay until I am sure of being able to buy one.

Cheers

dunk

Dunk, his suggestions have changed a number of times as he begins to realize how sought-after the book will be.

My recommendation is that you punch the "buy now" button. If he mistakenly charges you and can't ship, he'll refund the payment. He said there would be a limit of 1000 copies, but he then reduced the size and announced the second volume, so what was valid yesterday may not be today.

If you send a note asking, "Please let me order one and let me know if I can and whether they're available, otherwise I don't want to order," my guess is the note will be ignored. If you want it, order it. :rolleyes:

Merely my own suggestion. I ordered a week or so ago, but also don't know whether the order will be fulfilled.

Edited by ho_co

After some thoughts... me too sent order + payment this morning : I appreciated he gave an ordinary Bank Account, for I don't love PayPal...

(I hesitated if adding some Euros and asking to have my item hand-signed... :o... but thought that he could have felt offended to be offered money for his signature... ;))

Edited by luigi bertolotti

Dunk, his suggestions have changed a number of times as he begins to realize how sought-after the book will be.

My recommendation is that you punch the "buy now" button. If he mistakenly charges you and can't ship, he'll refund the payment. He said there would be a limit of 1000 copies, but he then reduced the size and announced the second volume, so what was valid yesterday may not be today.

If you send a note asking, "Please let me order one and let me know if I can and whether they're available, otherwise I don't want to order," my guess is the note will be ignored. If you want it, order it. :rolleyes:

Merely my own suggestion. I ordered a week or so ago, but also don't know whether the order will be fulfilled.

Have taken your advice and sent the payment ... I hope it is received in time ie before the 1000 print run order sells out

Cheers

dunk

Edited by dkpeterborough

Have taken your advice and sent the payment ... I hope it is received in time ie before the 1000 print run order sells out

Cheers

dunk

Just made my payment to the bank account. Thank you for the help of you all, forum members, for figuring out how to do this.

------------

Frans

I have just received an acknowledgement from EP advising that a copy has ben reserved for me ... but not sure if this is in response to the reservation request sent last night or the payment sent this morning.

Very pleased managed to reserve a copy before it sells out.

dunk

Bravo, dunk!

The means of getting it are anything but intuitive, but I think you (and others and I) have done all we can once we send money.

And, hey, what the heck? If Mr Puts decides to take the money and move to the Canaries, I'll still vote for him. :p

Bravo, dunk!

The means of getting it are anything but intuitive, but I think you (and others and I) have done all we can once we send money.

And, hey, what the heck? If Mr Puts decides to take the money and move to the Canaries, I'll still vote for him. :p

Hi Howard,

First, I want the book. Then E.P. can go wherever he wants!

I don't want the money back that was already booked from my PayPal account.

Best, K-H.

• Like 1