Don't waste time & money on these books they are absolutely useless
Better spend some time with the camera to know what you should use for your type of photographs
Better is to invest in a good book on some good photographers like HCB or Eugine Smith or national geographic
Excellent reading but I doubt that books on HCB or Eugene Smith will inform the reader:
- what the 'Highlight On' setting does
- how to quickly change the metering mode
- how to turn turn on the step zoom
- what decisions the camera has made for you in intelligent auto mode
- how to turn on 'film grain'
- why Multi Film mode isn't working
Some of these questions and others can be answered intuitively or by a bit of blundering through the menu system but others can't.
You might pose these questions in this forum but you're relying on the generosity and good grace of members here who have
bought the book to answer them for you. Perhaps that's the reason to buy the book.