Thames Panorama from King's Stairs, Rotherhithe

biglouis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A view upstream from Rotherhithe towards Tower Bridge. It is interesting to note the near completion of Heron Towers on the right of the picture and by contrast the rising edifice of the Shard on the left.

GF-1 Panasonic Leica 45/2.8 - four pictures stitched in Autopano.

To see the amazing detail in this picture see here (1.89MB download)

4867209750_131355c510_b_d.jpg

Edited by biglouis

hey this is just excellent . . i wish i knew the structures' names.

on the flickr sight you need pop-up baloons or whatever to identify individual structures for the rest of us.

i love the photo(s)

Stuart, Dave, Kirk - thanks for the comments.

Dave, what a great idea, I wish I'd thought of that. I'll add those at some point today.

LouisB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Louis,

Excellent shot, love the detail and the sky.

Were the four images hand held or on a tripod?

George

Thanks, George. No, they were hand held but the lens does have image stabilisation technology. I was quite surprised at the sharpness (although I did sharpen in PP) myself.

LouisB

Louis,

That is an amazing shot. It looks somehow hyper-real; more like a painting than a photo (and I intend that to be a complement).

Mark Blumer

Thanks, Mark. That's sometimes a consequence of converting to Lab Space to boost the colours in photoshop. It's not always to everyone's taste but I like it.

LouisB

Louis

Lovely stitch - I've never found a problem doing them with my DSLR and have 50+ on my hard drive. mostly handheld as yours. As my M8 is new (to me) I've done only a few so far on it. when I get somthing as good as yours I'll post it.

You are right about detail, even printed as large as most A3+ printers will go (13 x42 inch)

the details are fantastic.

If you have more - please post them:)

Cheers!

Louis

Lovely stitch - I've never found a problem doing them with my DSLR and have 50+ on my hard drive. mostly handheld as yours. As my M8 is new (to me) I've done only a few so far on it. when I get somthing as good as yours I'll post it.

You are right about detail, even printed as large as most A3+ printers will go (13 x42 inch)

the details are fantastic.

If you have more - please post them:)

Cheers!

Thanks for all the positive comments:

Daveleo - I've now added notes identifying the buildings

David Monkhouse - thanks for your kind comment

Pintpot - I've done a couple of other panoramas and I will probably put them up at my Flikr stream - good luck, it is one of the more fun pastimes you can have with your camera.

LouisB

• Like 1