Noctilux Joke?

An inverse case of - what was it they called it when the Dow dropped 1000 points in 3 minutes a couple of weeks ago - "fat-finger syndrome?" Someone made a typo entering a stock bid, and all the stop-loss orders programmed on trading computers followed it down like lemmings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

He often has over-priced goods. Look in every month or so to see his relisted dreams.

They wouldn't be the first. It's funny to search Leica in eBay and then sort by highest amount.

I just noticed this post was made in 2010, has this dreamer been relisting every month since or do people really buy these?

Edited by thestatesman

They wouldn't be the first. It's funny to search Leica in eBay and then sort by highest amount.I just noticed this post was made in 2010, has this dreamer been relisting every month since or do people really buy these?

I guess all he needs is one buyer. In 1969 I looked at a new one in a Chicago shop. As I recall it was priced at $663. I passed on it then, and will pass on this one too.

In fact it is readable so why

2 176 863

2,156,301-2,236,500 1966

Uh... you're right, JC... partially obliterated in the front view... didn't note the 3  last digits in the other picture... I thought that the seller didn't want the former owner to see at what stellar price his former Nocti is offered... :p ... anyway, luckily isn't the one that i bought & sold 8 months later 29 years ago ... both deals in the 800 Euros range... :angry: (but... no hood... :huh: )

Edited by luigi bertolotti

The fact that the seller avoids with care to publish the full s/n is highly disturbing, for such an item... B)

Leica lens sales are full of this, even with lowly 50 Summicrons.  :)

I suspect many of us own lenses the past of which are completely unknown to us. One *might* find out but only by listing full serial numbers and waiting to be contacted by someone's insurance company's Asset Recovery Team.

s-a

Edited by semi-ambivalent