Name this car....

They were all at Goodwood a few years ago. I just could remember the exact name of the artist, thinking it was Manique not Manrique. I was a bit surprised he used an E32 730 "airport courtesy car" for a base vehicle. Not exactly very exotic unlike the base material for most of the other Art Cars. He could have at least used a 750i.

Here is your next one. Marque, Type and Year please. 

Wilson

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(I was sure Rona!d would know...)

I´m not familiar with every BMW art car, the latest I know was the Jeff Coons designed 2010 M3 GT2 which I saw at the 24hrs of Le Mans.

Although they officially say "technical malfunction", it was more than this because I saw the car pretty crashed parked close to the pits but on a "secure" non-public spot I had direct access to ;-)  It was during the night. Some hours later it had been covered and they loaded it on a truck to avoid public awareness. I think it needed a lot of repairs, including the "art".

Couldn´t find any photos of the damaged race car in the web, so their efforts to hide it were pretty sucessful and I should check my archive and care for the possibly rare snaps I have.

I was there with the Corvette works team, so BMW wasn´t my main focus. Remember some nice days with former race driver John Fitch who drove the first Corvettes for Cunningham in the early years at Le Mans. What a great guy he was. Did a demo loop in his old Corvette #3 which had been found and restored, so the reunion of the car and driver after all the decades was a big emotional moment for all racing guys. You can find my b&w snaps of Fitch and the old Corvette in the US mag Auto Week, August 2010.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilson, that´s a toy car for kids, ha? Electric engine? Full rubber non air tyres. Must be very old, brass era?

Hmmm, maybe even just a model?

A Pocher 1/8th scale "museum quality" model made by me over a couple of months but of what car. Even each link of the drive chains was made from 5 bits and I think there were over 600 pieces in the chains alone, which all had to be hand riveted. I made a special jig to do it. 

WOW, great job on that FIAT 130 HP "F2" Grand Prix from 1907.

16,3 ltr. OHV Hemi, possibly the first sucessful FIAT race car.

====

Full respect to you. So many parts. I once tried to build a pretty detailed Zeppelin (Hindenburg) paper model, maybe 1,20 m long. After 75% I was so tired of it, that I put it away for about 2 years. It collected a lot of dust, got some damages and then there was the day of "cleaning up" and I destroyed it and dumped it. With flying RC models I was more disciplined, I wanted to see them fly and set them up for best flight performance.

Ronald,

I have done a few of these models. My project for this year is the Lego Technic Special Edition Porsche GT3RS, which was an Xmas present from my kids. Next year I have pre-ordered a Fowler 1" scale working live steam ploughing engine kit. Here is the Fiat F2 130HP. 

Your turn.

Wilson

• Like 1

Wilson, working model steam engines are fun! Here the next one. Maker, model, coachbuilder, year please!

Maybe you try a restart with this photo. I guess now it should be easy, this is 60-70% of the whole car ;-)

Maker (is it a Mercedes?), model, coachbuilder, year of made please.