Name this car....

Getting very close to the correct date but wrong make. Look at the wheels - they are the give away. The Amilcar would almost certainly have Rudge Whitworth wheels (or the French equivalent). There was actually a CGSS Amilcar about two cars away from this one. Here is a photo of the Amilcar but taken last year at its owner's workshop. The 1100/33BHP (gross) engine propels this car to around 80 MPH but the quite robust engine was fairly easy to tune for more power. It was in one of these cars, not a Bugatti, that the famous Dancer, Isadora Duncan was killed, when her scarf became entangled in a rear wheel. 

Wilson

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

OK, Wilson, thanks for the hint and a last guess from me.

I hope I'm wrong (again!) because I'll be away until next Thursday so couldn't oversee any post I might have to make!

Is it a 1922 Citroen Type C (5CV?) Boat-Tail?

P.S. I didn't know the truth about the Amilcar/Isadora Duncan link; like many I also thought she was in a Bugatti. Strange how these inaccuracies enter 'common knowledge'!

Philip.

Near enough. It is actually the 10HP B2 larger model but 1922 is the correct year. I was told (don't know if it is true), that the boat tail body is a fairly recent addition, made by an undertaker who also made "deluxe" coffins for the wealthy of Marseille. It often puzzles me about people who make a great effort with one bit of a car (the wooden body) but then totally fall down in another (the crudely tacked in cheap vinyl of the interior). 

Your turn

Wilson

• Like 2

Thank you Wilson.

This will have to be fairly straightforward, Im afraid, so there are quite a few clues in the snap!...

Philip.

Edited by pippy

I know that one right away but again it is time someone else had a go. I assume the Abarth badge is to mislead  :) I know Abarth was involved in the development of supposedly a version of this car but in reality it is a totally different vehicle and I wish I had bought one of those about 15 years ago, when they were dirt cheap. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I know that one right away but again it is time someone else had a go. I assume the Abarth badge is to mislead  :) I know Abarth was involved in the development of supposedly a version of this car but in reality it is a totally different vehicle and I wish I had bought one of those about 15 years ago, when they were dirt cheap. 

Actually I don't think the Abarth badge is intended to mislead in the slightest, Wilson. The Abarth name certainly features in a version of the official name of the vehicle and the example I snapped was named thus.

If, to keep others guessing, you would prefer to send me a PM with what you think it is named I can say yea or nay...

Philip.

Edited by pippy

I'm thinking FIAT, but not the Dino, which has different door handles and I cannot recall any Abarth models. Also, the Farina badge is the old one, but I do not recall when they changed. My guess is the '70s or later. This is probably a 2 door coupe.

You are both on the right path with Lancia, Jon and Max, but it is neither a Beta nor an Integrale.

Here is the whole of the front-end;

Pip.

Luigi wins the coconut.

"Lancia-Abarth #037 Stradale" was the official title.

This is one of 220 road going versions built for homologation purposes.

Two snaps of the whole shebang;

Over to you, Luigi!

Philip.

• Like 1

OK here's a car (ish) … allegedly the sole survivor of its type (in its specific role) … and fairly sprightly as has a 2.1 litre OHV engine 

Marque, model and type please 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Correct … 1952 RAF Standard Vanguard Phase 1A Pickup truck and now part of the Duxford collection …  http://www.roncobb.com/VanguardPickUP.html

Your turn 

dunk