Good second hand shop in München

drums1977

Guest BigSplash

I always go to Foto Video Sauter Sonnenstrasse 26, which is at the center (Sendlinger Tor U Bahn station) . This is a very big shop, and has new and old stuff. Once there I suggest the following.

1. Next door to Sauter is the Post Office ....walk in that direction and when you get to Adolf Kolping Strasse (next left) walk about 20 metres and there is a shop that usually has inetresting Leica item (I saw an 800mm Telyt there last time!)
  2. Return back to the road where Sauter is on and keep walking away from Sauter towards Kaufhof manjor store....keep going and you will see a road left (Shutzenstrasse and Bayerstrasse ) which is towards the main station (Hauptbahnhof) and Hertie Shop. Where the Shutzenstrasse and Bayersrasse join there is a very good high end photo shop (Photo Maier or Meyer I think it is called) that has a lot of used Leica kit.
  3. Walk towards Hertie and the Station is in front of you ...now facing the station turn left... (Schillerstrasse I think it is called). There are several second hand shops selling used Leica of in my opinion perhaps dubious quality but maybe i am being unfair.
  4. If you now walk back to Kaufhof on the other side of the street you will see a square with fountains (Karlsplatz - Stachus) ...go there and walk from there towards the Muenchen town hall (Rathaus) ...after about 20 metres from the square turn right and walk along for about 50 metres and you will find another camera shop that only sells used stuff (all makes) of various quality levels and he has a bunch of Leica stuff including rare stuff such as underwater housings. A real alladins cave .

Good luck and suggest you have a nice meal at Wienerwald by the above square!!

I always go to Foto Video Sauter Sonnenstrasse 26, which is at the center (Sendlinger Tor U Bahn station) . This is a very big shop, and has new and old stuff. Once there I suggest the following.

1. Next door to Sauter is the Post Office ....walk in that direction and when you get to Adolf Kolping Strasse (next left) walk about 20 metres and there is a shop that usually has inetresting Leica item (I saw an 800mm Telyt there last time!)
  2. Return back to the road where Sauter is on and keep walking away from Sauter towards Kaufhof manjor store....keep going and you will see a road left (Shutzenstrasse and Bayerstrasse ) which is towards the main station (Hauptbahnhof) and Hertie Shop. Where the Shutzenstrasse and Bayersrasse join there is a very good high end photo shop (Photo Maier or Meyer I think it is called) that has a lot of used Leica kit.
  3. Walk towards Hertie and the Station is in front of you ...now facing the station turn left... (Schillerstrasse I think it is called). There are several second hand shops selling used Leica of in my opinion perhaps dubious quality but maybe i am being unfair.
  4. If you now walk back to Kaufhof on the other side of the street you will see a square with fountains (Karlsplatz - Stachus) ...go there and walk from there towards the Muenchen town hall (Rathaus) ...after about 20 metres from the square turn right and walk along for about 50 metres and you will find another camera shop that only sells used stuff (all makes) of various quality levels and he has a bunch of Leica stuff including rare stuff such as underwater housings. A real alladins cave .

Good luck and suggest you have a nice meal at Wienerwald by the above square!!

Thanks so much! I ll do that tomorrow morning, including lunch...

Wish me luck... Happy eastern to all of you.