Show me your camera bags!

Gotham Historian

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have posted this before ...but I love Domke bags!

​My son in-law is in the US Army and he gives me a patch of the varying outfits with which he has served and I sow them on my camera bags.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The four bags I use most:

Centre: CCS Burghley, one of my work bags

Top left: CCS Venus

Top right: Think Tank Speed Freak, another of my work bags

Bottom right: CCS Hippo

Bottom left: Ortlieb Aqua Cam

Whilst I generally dislike many camera bags for being expensive, over-designed and with unnecessary features or garish fashion statements, I need some means of carrying my cameras when I'm working.  I'll pass the likes of Fogg, National Geographic etc by.  the Think Tank Speed Freak is my most used bag.  I like the thought and materials that have gone into the design.  If anything happened to it, I'd buy another.

Each to their own.

• 2 weeks later...

My Domke F-5XB is now held together by gaffers tape and staples, time to find something else. It didn't last too long, so much for the lifetime Domke, so something different this time I think.

Here's a couple of pictures fwiw. 

IMG_3787.JPG

IMG_3788.JPG

It's my daily carry about bag, camera and one lens normally plus my man-things; fake moustache, Jane's pocket book of major warships, marmalade sandwiches  etc..

Or when I'm dedicated to photography, a second lens and light meter instead perhaps.

The Billingham 'S2' looks promising - I have a Billingham 'combination bag' already I use for the Hasselblad but it's bigger than I'd like for everyday life.

I went through all the other options, Foggs, Domkes, Thinktanks, Ona, etc. etc.. and this S2 looks good to me, would go nice with my blue toggle coat and fine red hat too.

Just wondering if anyone's got one, picture with their gear in even, or just feedback on it - seems like it is a newish range from them. Thanks. I couldn't bring myself to start a whole new thread about such a subject.

Edited by coogee

A cheap canvas bag from eBay and a lightweight Crumpler

Pelican Air 1535 with TrekPak Dividers 

for securing in boot of car 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have used many different bags over the years but have recently converted to the Filson small field bag for my one camera one lens walkabout bag:  https://www.filson.com/luggage-bags/field-bags/field-bag-small.html#196

The camera with 35 Summicron attached goes into a Zing XL neoprene pouch that measures 6x8 inches for increased protection, and the Zing pouch and camera goes into the field bag.

I will use my Filson medium field bag to carry a kit consisting of my M-P 240 and 3-4 lenses:  https://www.filson.com/luggage-bags/field-bags/field-bag-medium.html#122

I have a 4x14 inch piece of thick closed cell gardener's kneeling pad in the bottom of the bag to guard against impact damage if I should drop the bag.  I put the M-P and lenses in Zing neoprene pouches to keep them from banging together while being carried.  I still have my Billingham Hadley Pro, but have come to prefer the Filson medium field bag for most uses.  When I will be carrying my M-P and 3-4 lens kit for long periods of time where the shoulder bag design would cause shoulder & back pain, I use my Filson rucksack - https://www.filson.com/luggage-bags/backpacks-rucksacks/rucksack.html

While they are not specifically designed as camera bags the Filson field bags are so nice that since acquiring these two, I have lost interest in the many other high end alternatives such as Fogg, Oberwerth, Wotancraft, Ona and others that the marketplace presents to us. 

The Filson bags may not be everyone's idea of the optimal camera bag, but I have found that there is no such thing as the perfect camera bag.  The Filson field bags work pretty well, all things considered.  Every bag has its strengths and weaknesses; with camera bags, it really comes down to a matter of which design or functionality weakness(es) can you most easily live with? 

Disclaimer:  I am in no way employed by or affiliated with Filson; I am just a satisfied customer who enjoys their outstanding products.  :)

Edited by Carlos Danger

• 3 weeks later...

SL and Oberwerth Porto:

• 3 months later...

I´m planning my next tour (it is actually a tour) to Spain, it has been almost thirteen years since my last visit on August 2004, then I wanted to photograph HCB place of birth the day he wouldn't be 96... this time I will be on a tour with my wife and my mother in law; from planes to buses and so on. I understand I will have to carry more than my own but also want to photograph the tour life, one month it will be. And the hardest decision has been which cameras with lenses in which bag or bags.

My first choice was an old F-804 Domke super satchel bag  and new Billingham Packington inserts, works beautiful and looks casual, but it is too big to carry all day I believe, my camera choices has been going down to one MD body and five lenses,  28 35/2 35/1.4 50/2 and 90/2. This has been going down to two bodies and 35/2 pre asph and 35/1.4 asph, I want to make a comparison of this two. So now I´m thinking in going waist pack with two bodies and 28,35,35,50 and 90, but it will be heavy and I haven´t done it since my twenties another though is just go two bodies 35 and 35 attached, and concentrate on my project What do you think? 

...the good thing it is still a month to go

Edited by Roberto Watson

• 7 months later...
I decided for the Billingham Hadley Pro, two bodies and four lenses 28/2.8, 35/1.4 Asph, 50/2 and 90/2. The main reason to choose this bag was because I didn't want to leave my 13 inch Mac at hotels, so it remained in bag with me. Lenses that did 90% of shoots were 35 and 50.
I share some of my best pictures so far, happy Sunday.

Versalles

MariaEugenia

Bruges

Bruselas from My window

• Like 2

My bags of choice remains among my Billinghams, now that Monochrom is back from Wetzlar my everyday bag is a Digital Hadley with two bodies M-E and Monochrom and two lenses of same focal length, 35/1.4+35/2 or 50/1.4+50/2

Love this little bag, wish it looks not so nice, but is the most comfortable for usage. I like the look of my Domkes but I wish padding was better. 

Edited by Roberto Watson

I have since today. A bit restored and cleaned.

If vintage, then complete. :rolleyes:

• Like 1