Show me your camera bags!

Gotham Historian

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've been reading the threads on this site about the bags we love and all the pros and cons of everything from Billinghams, Domke, M-Classic, A&A etc. A few folks have posted pictures of their bags with camera in them. I'd love to see some of your M8 bags, filled or empty, black, khaki, camo or otherwise.

Edited by Gotham Historian

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

domke f-3x with m8.2, 3x lenses, sf58 flash, table tripod, charger, batteries, x-rite passport and rocket blower in the side compartments.

after going back and forth with various artisan & artist bags as well as bigger and smaller domkes i've finally settled with this combination.

This is a Billingham Hadley Pro. In it a M8 + 28 Elmarit Asph, WATE + Finder, 75 Summarit, 35 Summicron Asph. I made 2 pictures because the walls for the central department are sloped. I like this bag, but I would prefer it with less height. But then it would be perhaps a little out of proportion.

Please post more bag pics. I now have a Bill Pro also which I think is great to carry the M system but my 15" Mac is tight with no protection so now looking at the Foggs eflat but USA dealers do not have any and black/black is not avail so the search goes on. I need something for my everyday bag and want a nice bag.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

looking at the Foggs eflat but USA dealers do not have any and black/black is not avail

Do you mean black/black isn't in stock? It certainly is part of the Fogg options on almost all bags (can't vouch for e-flat)...although I understand the latest blacks have been coming out less black due to a supplier change. Check Tamarkin in Connecticut and Keeble and Schuchat in California for earlier stock.

As a last resort, Nigel and bee will accept custom orders...just email them for questions.

Jeff

Got an email from Bee and she said the black had a green tint so they are trying to secure a new supply and did not have a date when it would be avail.

I did talk to Stan Tamarkin but only had a flute in stock. I will call the others.

As for the Hadley Pro yes the 15" Macpro will fit like a glove but no protection and is not ideal.

I am thinking I will keep the Hadley Pro for when I just want to carry camera on trips but need nice bag that can become my daily to work and on appt bag with laptop and all the accessories for work. So bag will be replacing the Booq Boa bag which replaced Coach which replaced the Hartman which replaced the Bosca and so on. I am tired of the nylon bags that are so popular they just look.....like nylon. :)

Maybe I will go back to Bosca and just find an insert for the camera gear.

Bulkier than mine, Maggie! I don't use any bag when out shooting...only for transport or travel. What do you do when it's hot out?:D

Jeff

My pants have pockets, too!

But I'm one of those people that usually picks a lens for the day and leaves it at that. HCB did OK with just a 50 on his, I reckon.

Domke F5xb and a Pelican 1200. The Pelican goes inside an old backpack or in a carry-on bag. The Domke was green once now its faded halfway to brown.

I take absolutely no credit for the 1200. Jaap posted a photo of his and I stole the idea. Its turned out to be the best little case for a Leica and 3 lenses. There's even room to spare for a 15 VC or a 28 ASPH. Thanks Jaap!

The Domle holds a Leica and 3 lenses or 2 Leicas.

Tom

• Like 2