Sport Optics

tdavis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A Sport Optics section has been added to the Leica English Wiki. To get there use the WIKI tab next to BUY & SELL above.

Thanks are given to Peter Abrahams for allowing us to use his classification system that goes back more than 100 years. Photographs of a few of the older items from the manufacturer's collection have been added. We could use more - please check your attic!

Tim

• Like 1

Guest Joachim_I

Thanks. I tried to edit the list but could not log in.

Here is some additional weight data from the Leitz List 8187b (1953):

Bitur 8oz

Bidox 16.5 oz

Bidoxit 17 oz

Binux 17.5 oz

Binuxit 18.5 oz

Campar 29 oz

Camparit 30 oz

Decimar 42.5 oz

Decimarit 43 oz

Mardoce 42.5 oz

Mardocit 43 oz

Campofort 44 oz

Campofortit 45 oz

Marsept 33 oz

Marsept 34 oz

Mardix 32.5 oz

Mardixit 33.5 oz

Maybe someone who can log in is willing to update the list.

I regularly use my Binuxit to observe a Willie Wagtail in our garden.

The focusing is still smooth as silk.

Very easy to edit: you first must Log-In, the Wiki will Not recognize your User Forum name automatically, and most newbies give up at this point. For the first time you will need to build a new user name and password (same or different from User Forum - whatever you choose). If you edit at least once a month it will always let you in with no hassle - otherwise you will need to reenter correct password for user name like any other protected site. All Wiki's operate this same way.

Thanks for your info, Joachim, it has been added, and much appreciated.

Tim

• 7 months later...

...could someone please direct me to the darkroom products (or sections) in the Wiki? I am experiencing difficulty locating them. Or perhaps they have not yet been added.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Aesop,

We have two areas that mention darkroom products: if you know the code name the item should be found under LEITZ / LEICA CODE NAMES (alpha) and also near the bottom of the Main page: Camera know-how / Forum Photo School / Darkroom (Forum discussions of darkroom techniques - also similar sections for Prints & Scans).

If there is enough interest in this topic someone could add a Darkroom page.

• Like 1