From Leica Wiki (English)
- Production era - 1933-1939
- Type - Universal viewfinder for the focal lengths 3.5-13.5 cm with non-zoom, mirror-image with parallax adjusting FOOT lever.
- Variants - Early models have a one piece conical nose; later version had a rounded collar between the nose cone and the body; Black and nickel, black and chrome or all chrome with long or short accessory clip and slight variations in overall length.
- VIDOM, Camera version (left 2 images)
- HEER, gray paint, wartime version with masks locked at 13.5 cm without parallax adjustment. Stereo version also produced during the war.
- KINSU - Cine version (right image) for 1.5 to 15 cm lenses. The eyepiece has a large eye-cup.
- Evolution - Preceded by VILLO and replaced by VIOOH
- Designer - Ernst Leitz II
- Forum discussion