The new Leica M (Type 240) is now available for several months, the web offers numerous reviews, sample images, and field tests. IF you need more arguments to buy a Leica M – here is our review list:
Leica M (Type 240) Review List
- Kristian Dowling presents a detailed field test for the Leica M (Type 240) on his blog. Besides the description of the different features, he tests the camera, presents multiple pictures and a GoPro video of a shooting during the “Fashion Week” in Australia. Additionally he compares the M with the Leica M Monochrom.
- Tom Grill presentssome of great sample images captured under varying conditions and shows some ISO comparisons, too. In his opinion the M has reached a “pinnacle of digital perfection” in terms of resolution, dynamic range, low light performance and expanded features. He praises the variety of super fast-lenses and the ability to mount Leica R lenses.
- Sam Hurd describes his experience with the new Leica M (Type 240) and talks about the different new features of the camera: live view, video and focus peaking. He appreciates the camera with all its strengths and weaknesses.
- Luminous Landscape proclaimed that the M is certainly not the camera for everyone. But those who appreciate design, quality, craftsmanship and enjoy developing their skills as photographer should grab one.
- Erwin Puts draws a comparison between the Leica M (Type 240) and the Leica M Monochrom. Both cameras have their advantages, but he mentions the image quality of the MM and the Live View mode of the Leica M as salient features.
Click here for some example shots with the new Leica M in our forum:»Leica M Shots