Here is the current list of Leica links. Today Cheryl Meek begins the list with her comparision between the Leica X1 (at Amazon and eBay) ... and the LEICA X2 (at Amazon and eBay) .... In addition, the photographer Claudine Doury shows her latest project, Eric Kim introduces his e-book with many tips for street photography and we present the winners of the Oskar Barnack Award 2012. Furthermore PetaPixel gives us some insights into product photography of the fast-food company McDonald’s and the website Freshness shows a Leica M8 made from Ledo bricks. Enjoy!
Test & Reviews
- Cheryl Meek switched from the Leica X1 (at Amazon and eBay) ... on the LEICA X2 (at Amazon and eBay) ... and is absolutely thrilled about it. In her comparison she describes the clear benefits and the work with her new X2.
Blogs & Portfolio
- The Leica Blog had the chance to interview the VU member and award-winning photographer Claudine Doury. The artist has recently introduced her newest project, in which she describes the feelings and problems of growing up in some beautiful, some disturbing images.
- Eric Kim has recently published a free e-book in which he gives some good advice on how to overcome the fear to photograph strangers.
- The winners of the Oskar Barnack Award 2012 have been announced: Frank Hallam Day, with his portfolio ‘Alumascapes’ won a Leica M9-P with lens and thus the grand prize. In addition, the newcomer prize to the young photographer Piotr Zbierski was awarded.
- Joeri van der Kloet, a Dutch documentary and wedding photographer, tells about his work and his experiences with his beloved Leica M9 (at Amazon and eBay) ....
- PetaPixel has come across an interesting “behind-the-scenes” video that gives a detailed insight into the work of product photographers at McDonald’s. It’s really impressive to see the tricks how they get the perfect picture.
- The website Freshness presents a model of a Leica M8 viewfinder camera built with LEGO bricks – unfortunately, the detailed copy is not functional.