Leica M Monochrom Links
List with links to resources around the Leica M Monochrom
After the Leica M Monochrom was announced on May 10th some interesting and varied reports are circulating in the Internet. We have compiled a list of videos and reviews:
- The Leica Forum presents a complete review of the Leica M Monochrom.
- Lloyd Chambers elaborates on filtration for Leica M Monochrom to improve image sharpness and tonal separation. (update 2012-06-01)
- Jonathan Slack speaks in this 29 minute podcast about the new Leica products (update 2012-06-01)
- David Farkas has published a review of the new Leica M Monochrom and also create an ISO comparison between the Monochrom and the M9. (update 2012-05-28)
- Ming Then is a commercial photographer and had the chance to test the Leica M Monochrom, too. He describes his experiences in this review. (update 2012-05-23) Thein has updated a comparison between the monochrome and the Nikon D800E. (update 2012-05-28)
- The Invisible Photographer had the opportunity to test the new Leica M monochrome with the new APO-Summicron-M 50mm. (update 2012-05-23)
- ephotozine shows some example shots from ISO 320 to ISO 10,000 taken with the Leica M Monochrom (update 2012-05-24)
- Edmond Terakopian Edmond Terakopian has published a ahort hands-on about the new Henri. (update 2012-05-18)
- Erwin Puts expresses his opinion about Mono on his blog. (update 2012-05-18)
- Bellamy Hunt aka JapanCameraHunter also had the opportunity to take some first shots with the Leica M Monochrom (update 2012-05-14)
- David Powell from ShootTokyo shows some images from Das Wesentliche in Tokyo captured with a Leica M Monochrom (update 2012-05-14)
- Jonathan Slack presents an interesting hands-on for the Leica M Monochrom, which is highlighted with some great example images.
- Steve Huff has written a hands-on about the Monochrome directly after the presentation. And here’s a detailed report (update 2012-05-12) Here he presents some pictures in high resolution: pictures (update 2012-05-14)
Steve Huff has received a preproduction model from Leica and offered his first look with a video and some sample images – a complete review will come soon!
- Leica Camera published the technical specifications of the Leica M monochrome and has a lot to contribute to the specificity of the sensor.
- dpreview already had the opportunity to test the camera before its release date and display the results on its website with many example pictures.
- imaging resource has also found time to write a few lines to the new monochrome.
- Forbes magazine likes the LEICA M MONOCHROM (update 2012-05-11)
- Darren Rowse from Digital Photography School presents a little introducing of the Leica M Monochrom (update 2012-05-11)
- Adam Marelli raises the question if the Monochrom is a curse or a blessing for Leica. (update 2012-05-12)
- The Luminous Landscape says “Hello” to the new Henri and presents a short review (update 2012-05-12)
- Leica Camera presents the video for their new products on the Vimeo page. (update 2012-05-14)
The video review by the Leica User Forum:
And here are Eric Kim’s first impressions of the LEICA M MONOCHROM (update 2012-05-12):
Jacob Au Sobol talked at the event about his experience with the Leica M Monochrom during his journey with the Trans-Siberian Railway (update 2012-05-12):
Steve Huff presents a short video of the Leica Event (update 2012-05-11):