Leica M Edition 60 unboxing

IkarusJohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

The box is huge!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I have had no time.

The camera goes everywhere with me in my camera bag, but I rarely get the chance to use it (Grrrr). As the lens is matched to the camera, I've decided to use it primarily with the 35 FLE.

First shot, blue sky to check the sensor. Oil spots. Hmmm. Not enough to be a huge problem, but it will need cleaning.

Initial impressions are fabulous IQ, and the shutter sound really is seductive. Also, the build quality is just fantastic. I keep the case/strap on it, with the lens shade - nice in the hands.

Very happy.

Just for info, the number of images on the SD card, battery level, date and firmware updates are managed using what is the video button on the M(240). So far, ISO has stayed on 400.

Anyone want my black Summilux 35 FLE?

Cheers

John

• Like 7

I meant to add that I love the way the framelines don't come up unless the camera is turned on. I'm forever trying to take a picture, and finding that the camera is turned off - the framelines (or lack of them) are an excellent reminder.

Shame the same can't be said for leaving the lens cap on (though I seem to have got over that - if I'm thinking about taking a picture, the first thing I do is take the cap off and put it in my pocket).

I have had no time.

The camera goes everywhere with me in my camera bag, but I rarely get the chance to use it (Grrrr). As the lens is matched to the camera, I've decided to use it primarily with the 35 FLE.

First shot, blue sky to check the sensor. Oil spots. Hmmm. Not enough to be a huge problem, but it will need cleaning.

Initial impressions are fabulous IQ, and the shutter sound really is seductive. Also, the build quality is just fantastic. I keep the case/strap on it, with the lens shade - nice in the hands.

Very happy.

Just for info, the number of images on the SD card, battery level, date and firmware updates are managed using what is the video button on the M(240). So far, ISO has stayed on 400.

Anyone want my black Summilux 35 FLE?

Cheers

John

Just out of curiosity how do you get the shutter to stay open without it closing to perform a sensor clean?

Wow! I thought you'd ordered and then changed your mind and cancelled.

Congratulations on this purchase. So nice to know that you will be using your M60. I'm sure it will bring you a lot of joy.

In contrast, I was in a Leica dealer a few weeks ago. The customer who'd ordered one arrived in the shop while I was in there. He handled the camera ever so carefully while the shop manager explained the camera. It was obvious to me pretty quickly that this customer hadn't ever used a rangefinder, and certainly didn't intend to use this one. A bit sad. With so few produced, the ones out there in the wild will be much scarcer still.

Looking forward to your user reports.

Perhaps that deserves a "I love my M60" thread all of its own? You can post and we can drool!

• Like 1

Wow! I thought you'd ordered and then changed your mind and cancelled.

Congratulations on this purchase. So nice to know that you will be using your M60. I'm sure it will bring you a lot of joy.

Thank you for this.

After I canceled my order, I felt considerable regret as I love this concept and two things happened

(1) the whole CCD sensor issue exploded and I found that my sensor is affected (this is the second sensor on my M9P)

(2) I was idly looking on eBay (almost always a very bad idea) and I found a new M60 for sale. I made an offer, which was rejected, but I got drawn into the process and secured the camera at a significant discount.

So, there we are! All I need now is time to use it. I will start an "I love my M 60" thread, once I have something nice to show.

• Like 1

Thank you for this.

I will start an "I love my M 60" thread, once I have something nice to show.

In doing so you will create perhaps the only long term user report on this camera. I will be taking note. I didn't buy the M60, but I like the concept. If Leica issue a 'regular' version I may buy one, but I actually think the Audi design version is worth the premium.

• Like 2