Bag for M240

Enbee

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Now that I have a few lenses and certain other accessories for M240, I would like to purchase a non-leather bag that will fit my entire gear. I have the following:

1. 1 Camera

2. 4 Lenses (May increase or decrease in future)

3. 1 Tripod

4. 1 Extra Battery

5. 1 Battery Charger

6. 1 Release Cable

7. 1 R-M Adapter

Would appreciate some suggestions!

Thanks,

That is slightly more then minimum and therefore you need slightly more then usual

In terms of my top brands;

Billingham: hadley pro, f1.4, L2

Kata (or Manfrotto derivatives): loads, in 2n1 etc.

Thinktank: loads

Gariz: v smart

Look at http://www.lovecases.co.uk

Rgds

Edited by colonel
  • Like 2

That is slightly more then minimum and therefore you need slightly more then usual

Sometimes less is more... If you're happy to stack lenses (I am) and to adapt the interior padding (which I am) then you can have two bodies (with lenses attached) + 4 lenses + spare batteries, hoods, cards etc, all in the one little satchel. And if anyone does try to grab it it's great for vigorous underarm thump in the crutch :)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Now that I have a few lenses and certain other accessories for M240, I would like to purchase a non-leather bag that will fit my entire gear. I have the following:

1. 1 Camera

2. 4 Lenses (May increase or decrease in future)

3. 1 Tripod

4. 1 Extra Battery

5. 1 Battery Charger

6. 1 Release Cable

7. 1 R-M Adapter

Would appreciate some suggestions!

Thanks,

When you say "non leather" are you meaning no leather at all, even fobs? Because that cuts out Billingham's entirely. And do you mean a table tripod to go inside the bag, or a regular tripod where the bag would need attachment straps on the bottom? Because that cuts out Domke's too.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes - trying to be non-leather. The tripod - I don't really care if it hangs. Also, I am hoping this to be more of a travel bag/storage bag rather than lugging around everywhere. I still prefer to take camera with one lens or max two.

Thanks,

For a travel bag I would only recommend a bag with a zipper closure for security reasons. The Domke's (except the 5FXB but that's small for your needs) are great to get things out of easily...by the owner or a pickpocket. And they aren't heavily padded against impact or vibration. I'd really suggest a Lowepro. If you travel with a backpack as I do, then you'll want a shoulder type bag, but if you use a rolling suitcase then a photo backpack might be a better choice. They also typically have daisy chain attachments to affix a tripod either underneath horizontally or vertically in front.

I wouldn't suggest storing gear in a bag unless you're in a very dry climate, or at least leave the bag unzipped for air to circulate. Fungus is among us as they say.

• Like 1

Yes - trying to be non-leather. The tripod - I don't really care if it hangs. Also, I am hoping this to be more of a travel bag/storage bag rather than lugging around everywhere. I still prefer to take camera with one lens or max two.

Thanks,

The Hadley Small would hold all of your gear comfortably. Sans tripod.

• Like 1

The Hadley Small would hold all of your gear comfortably. Sans tripod.

I would agree - Billingham Hadley Small would work very well for your need. Depending on the actual lenses, you can probably fit five lenses even (two one each side and one attached to the camera in the middle). The weight though, is another matter :-)

Anil

• Like 1

One problem with the Hadley small is that it is too narrow. If you have an iPad between the outer skin and the padding or if you have a handgrip on your camera and you bag the camera in warm standby, then the shutter will be activated every two minutes.

I'm with Chris ...I like Domke bags. I'm now using the F831 it will hold two Ms (with the lens attached).

I like the Rugged ware bags! They do not seem to attract a lot of "I am a camera bag" attention!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Cool looking bag Jeff, is that a F831? I didn't see any that looked like that, they all now have that stupid 'Domke' label on it...basically saying "I have gear in here that you might like" Why does everyone have to plaster their names on everything these days?

Edited by fore

I cut the label off! Also, I always sew on a patch of one of the outfits that my son inlaw (a captin in the US Army) has served with. The patches are always are cool and most folks see them as merely stylish. (except military people who know the patch but they do not seem to mind)

Edited by Jeffry Abt
  • Like 2

From a small manufacturer; Black Label Bag: Image Smith Mark II

Black Label Bag - Change the way you carry yourself

Superb, simple, well made bag, pretty much lint free, I carry an M body and up to 6 lenses in it. Very easy to work out of while slung over your shoulder, don't have to ever put it on the ground. The removable side pouch is cheesy, throw it away. Otherwise I think it's a great bag.

• Like 1