Good time to buy used M240?

Bjorkman

I'd give not more than $5500 for a used one, and it would have to be as new.

Given the issues found on M9 in other subforum, the price of the used M240 might be impacted, though.

I am not sure anybody on this forum can tell you when the next camera will be released, and if there is someone who knows this, the information is handled like a top secret. :-)

I bought an official Leica demo (not preowned) with full 2 yr factory warranty. It was as-new, flawless out of the box. I paid just under $6K for it a couple months back from a reputable authorized dealer. I probably could have saved a few hundred buying a used one privately off fleabay or whatever, but given the complexity of these things I feel the 2 yr factory warranty was worth it. Plus since it wasn't preowned it also came with the LR voucher, which is value added.

• Like 1

5500$ is near the price on the one I was looking at, so its a fair price or is it the upperlimit?

For me it would be an upper limit, and preferably from either an authorized dealer online or dealing direcly with private owner.

Buying 2nd hand online from an unknown person was always a scary idea in my head. It can be a lovely experience, but you're never sure.