No Discussion on the $750 Discount on M's?

barjohn

The program ends on Jan 31st. Perhaps Leica expects the dollar to be weaker in a few months?

Or - perhaps Leica has more supply than demand at the moment?

Or will implement another promotion after the holiday season? All speculation.

The dollar argument stems from the reduction being limited to the USA.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Or will implement another promotion after the holiday season? All speculation.

The dollar argument stems from the reduction being limited to the USA.

2-3 months ago Leica raised the price in the US. Approx $250 with messages encouraging purchases before it is too late. Now they are offering a $750 rebate on the camera. Seems odd to me

Perhaps Leica is gathering data for price vs demand in preparation for pricing the next model?

The US warranty is not transferable - perhaps thus gives the flexibility to lower prices in the US without creating an arbitrage opportunity for people in other markets?

No - the USA warranty is not transferable, but the Leica factory guaranty is - and is worldwide including the USA. So it is just an inconvenience in having your gear sent to Wetzlar instead of to NewJersey.

2-3 months ago Leica raised the price in the US. Approx $250 with messages encouraging purchases before it is too late. Now they are offering a $750 rebate on the camera. Seems odd to me

Leica raised prices on the M240 at the same time they brought out the M-P with sapphire glass and frame preview for another $700. It would seem odd to me if sales of the M240 didn't constrict.