File Format Issue

jonrey

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just came home from a shoot and noticed all my images are in .JPG. I'm on the latest firmware. Never changed battery. I'm just wondering if this is a known bug. Have any of you experienced this issue? I did not play with my settings so not really sure why it switched from DNG to JPG. I'm not using any USER profile. I'm currently set at Default Profile and simply modified parameters that I need changed (i.e. Format set to DNG). It only happened once. I'm paranoid now cause the menu setting is something I don't usually fiddle with. I set and forget it.

I would appreciate any help.

After you modify your settings really the easiest thing is to save them as a user profile. Not only is it something you can check before going out for the day photographing, but if you change ISO etc. during your day out re-applying your own profile is a rapid way to get back to regular settings.

Steve

• Like 1

Yes, there is an issue.

It has happened me twice that with no user intervention the camera changed its setting and reset itself to default settings. I also had an issue with the clock running fast. A small issue I know, but it seemd to point to a bigger issue according to Leica. So the fix for me was to send the camera back to Leica where they found a fault with the flexiboard. This was replaced under warrenty.

Another issue for me is that the default setting is Jpeg only and not Raw plus Jpeg. Auto ISO I can live with.

I just came home from a shoot and noticed all my images are in .JPG. I'm on the latest firmware. Never changed battery. I'm just wondering if this is a known bug. Have any of you experienced this issue? I did not play with my settings so not really sure why it switched from DNG to JPG. I'm not using any USER profile. I'm currently set at Default Profile and simply modified parameters that I need changed (i.e. Format set to DNG). It only happened once. I'm paranoid now cause the menu setting is something I don't usually fiddle with. I set and forget it.

I would appreciate any help.

Happened to me recently too ....... but in retrospect it was because I pulled the battery whilst the camera was still on..... and presumably the camera sulked and reverted to the default profile as punishment....

I think all these issues are down to user error ...... inadvertent pressing of odd button combinations, turning off whilst the camera is in the middle of something or other actions that cause software hangs and crashes. As they are so infrequent and obscure they are almost impossible to replicate.

I am sure you have had similar problems with computer/laptop/mobile phone use with crashes, hangs, lost settings etc. etc. A digital camera is no different.

FW updates are tricky as you now know. I am not sure but some suggest before downloading the new FW to take a photo on the card you will load the new FW onto before downloading the FW so as to have a reference or some such thing.

I do one camera at a time and match the new FW to my unFW'd other camera. As someone said it resets your camera back to default. Just a pure PITA as far as I'm concerned.

Never blindly assume you are the same after any FW upgrade. Check every last thing VERY carefully before going on a shoot. It also resets the image to compressed if you shoot uncompressed.