Is it new?

SillyBun

I picked it up at Wetzlar. Silver box which was protected by a flimsy carton box. Neither of them were sealed. Anyways, it usually is a 10 second job for a shop if they want to seal your box in plastic. It says nothing about being used or not. ;)

The seal on the box is usually a small sticky tab or similar. Normally you would cut it with scissors as trying to peel it off would damage the surface of the box.

I expect my dealers to test their bodies before delivery so i don't want sealed samples in any way.

My dealer doesn't test the camera; he just opens the box in front of me to check all the bits are there. Which does take the unboxing experience away from me. And after spending over €20,000 on a system, I do like to have the unboxing experience to reaffirm my purchase decision.

If there is something missing, trust me, I will let them know.

As for testing the camera, I expect Leica to do that in the factory. In fact, since November 2013, Leica are currently on their 4th opportunity to test my camera!!!

Sorry folks, rant over. :rolleyes:

My brandnew car came with over 10 kilometers on the odo. Guess they put some diesel in it and took it for a spin to see if the car was alright.

Would appreciate if Leica made a couple of test shots to see if it works?

From the M8 and M9 we know that cameras come with up to 200 test shots on the counter.

From the M8 and M9 we know that cameras come with up to 200 test shots on the counter.

My M240s file numbering was on zero when i got it.

I would assume there is a few hundred test shots put on it by Leica before it leaves the factory though.

I trust my dealer, there was a sticky tab holding the grey carton shut

I was going to ask them to open the box and put the battery on charge for me

My dealer doesn't test the camera; [...] I expect Leica to do that in the factory. In fact, since November 2013, Leica are currently on their 4th opportunity to test my camera!!!

Sorry folks, rant over. :rolleyes:

You would have avoided that if your dealer had tested the camera perhaps... As far as i'm concerned i'm used to use cameras for professional needs so it's a tool i expect to receive and the way it's been boxed or unboxed is of little interest to me. YMMV.

• Like 1