thumbs up for leica in the UK

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Neil I bought my black one from Classic Cameras (London). I am very pleased with it. The cost is about £110.

I will Google them and see if they have a website

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
theclassiccamera.com

I am looking for the double thumbs up for Leica M

According to there website they don't have one but I have emailed them to see if they have one

I am looking for the double thumbs up for Leica M

According to there website they don't have one but I have emailed them to see if they have one

If you are looking to order one by mail you could try the following place in Holland:

http://www.nivo-schweitzer.nl/leica+shop/leica+m+systeem/thumbs+up+voor+leica+m+%26amp%3B+fuji+x+series/thumbs+up++csep+-4+black++%5Bleica+m-camera%5D

What about the rule factor? Also in heat?

Don’t understand the rule factor. I have no involvement withThumbie other than helping with finding a satin chrome plater and correct shade steel grey paint for the original ones, for which Steve very kindly sent me a couple. I think the heat problem arose from the instructions for fitting the M240 model using soap or alcohol gel. I feel this weakened the glue. Since reverting to the original method of just positioning them very carefully and sticking them dry, I have had no problems in heat up to 38º.

Wilson

• Like 1

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
If they don't stock it try TimIsaac@matchTechnical.com. I have purchased a bop direct from Tim, I found him a good person to deal with. It took 10 days to get to me from the USA.
Thing is I want to walk out of the shop with it. I will only be in the UK for two weeks then back home to Malaysia and I can get one there but I would have liked to of had one for my Scotland trip

I prefer the Thumbie as it leaves the shoe free for the EVF and flash. I have Thumbies on all my M cameras.

Wilson

Where can the Thumbie be ordered? I like my ThimbsUp but it is inconvenient to remove it when I want to mount my 21mm viewfinder....

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Where can the Thumbie be ordered? I like my ThimbsUp but it is inconvenient to remove it when I want to mount my 21mm viewfinder....
No need to remove the Thumbs up if you get the double one as the viewfinder will be mounted over the rangfinder

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by NDWgolf

Search for the member 250SWB on the forum. Steve sells them from home.

Wilson

Don’t understand the rule factor. I have no involvement withThumbie other than helping with finding a satin chrome plater and correct shade steel grey paint for the original ones, for which Steve very kindly sent me a couple. I think the heat problem arose from the instructions for fitting the M240 model using soap or alcohol gel. I feel this weakened the glue. Since reverting to the original method of just positioning them very carefully and sticking them dry, I have had no problems in heat up to 38º.

Wilson

Sorry Wilson, my darn auto correction made me say it, I meant glue factor. Can one remove them if desired? Frankly now that I think of it my grip on the M seems pretty good with the Leica grip since I very much like the angle of the Leica grip.