Is anyone using OM Zuikos on their 240?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As my M gets closer to being in my hands I'm considering the comprehensive selection of OM Zuikos I have in the cupboard and how well they may work on the Leica with the appropriate adapter? Obviously the camera will have to be in live view mode for focusing but on a tripod the longer Zuikos I have should be very useful.

Any user experiences to help me out here? I do fairly frequent product shots with studio strobes for the business I work for and have discovered that the ideal focal length seems to be around 75 to 90mm.

Keith :)

Edited by wheelie52

I do from time to time. Great old lenses.

The OM 75-150 f/4 would be right up your alley.

Thanks,

I do have a fairly comprehensive range of primes from 21mm up to 135mm ... though that zoom does sound very useful!

One lens I would love to try on the 240 is my Zuiko 50 f1.2 ... it has fairly unique rendering and took me some time to track down at a fair price a few years ago.

Thanks,

I do have a fairly comprehensive range of primes from 21mm up to 135mm ... though that zoom does sound very useful!

One lens I would love to try on the 240 is my Zuiko 50 f1.2 ... it has fairly unique rendering and took me some time to track down at a fair price a few years ago.

Ive got a 50 f/1.8 that I really like. Leftovers from the old OM film days.

• Like 1

Is anyone using OM Zuikos on their M (Typ 240)?

I do ... by means of Novoflex LEM/OM adapter.

(OM Zuiko 24 mm 1:2, OM Zuiko 50 mm 1:1.8, OM Zuiko 180 mm 1:2.8, OM Zuiko 300 mm 1:4.5)

... on a tripod, the longer Zuikos I have should be very useful.

Yes, definitely.

I do fairly frequent product shots with studio strobes for the business I work for and have discovered that the ideal focal length seems to be around 75 to 90 mm.

The OM Zuiko 85 mm and 100 mm lenses are very competent ... but still, they cannot hold the water to the Leica 75 mm and 90 mm M lenses. So while the OM Zuiko lenses, via live view, definitely are usable and will yield good results, the Leica M lenses clearly are better still.

Yes I do (use a 200/4). The quality is outstanding, but the lens does vignette quite strongly. I do not believe the lens itself is the cause, but the adaptor is the culprit. Lightroom will fix it, but a quick and dirty fix is just trim the images to 4:3 and the darkened corners are gone.

John

I use the 50mm/1.4 the 180mm/2.8 and the brilliant 21mm/2 and have been sorely tempted to add a 55mm/1.2 but the prices that I've seen quoted are a bit crazy. I'd be really interested to see the results of the 50mm/1.2.

I absolutely love the 21mm/f2 on the M240, it really is a great little lens and has such a great character. I recently got the 21SEM, which is of course superior in all respects apart from speed, and convinced myself I would part fund that purchase by selling the zuiko 21mm, but every time I use it and see the images I get I fall in love with it a little bit more! Not sure I can ever part with it......

• Like 2